U321 Multiview

Pappa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Le Roy, NY
After U321 software update I can't get multview to work. Hopper3 looses video and I have to reboot. Tried it 3 times, same results. Yea, just in time for Olympics.

After U321 software update I can't get multview to work. Hopper3 looses video and I have to reboot. Tried it 3 times, same results. Yea, just in time for Olympics.
Try this: select 4 different HD channels and then open the MultiView. In other words, avoid putting SD channels in MultiView.

Multi view usually ends up with a forced reboot because it scrambles the video. I never demo this feature to customers for fear of it misbehaving. Love it when it works, especially with Center Ice package!

Multi view usually ends up with a forced reboot because it scrambles the video. I never demo this feature to customers for fear of it misbehaving. Love it when it works, especially with Center Ice package!

If you don't use SD channels or locals in the top two quadrants it usually works fine, no reboots needed.

Reactions: TheLip
It's not a big deal to me, I just wish things would work without having to use workarounds.

Multiview used to work fairly reliably until last couple software updates.

OTA getting fixed is a much bigger deal for me.

Fixing Pandora's sound stopping after a few songs would also be cool. Wife hates that.

Reactions: DWS44 and JSheridan
It's not a big deal to me, I just wish things would work without having to use workarounds.

Multiview used to work fairly reliably until last couple software updates.

OTA getting fixed is a much bigger deal for me.

Fixing Pandora's sound stopping after a few songs would also be cool. Wife hates that.

these kinds of problems should have been corrected by now............I just don't understand how things that worked fine on HWS & 722 don't work now. It's sad that people had certain expectations or H3, but a lot of them do not function...plus some of the items taken for granted are missing as well

Eventually they will work out all the bugs and glitches and the hopper 3 will function like it is supposed to. But it takes sometimes a year before all is fixed , if my almost 20 year history with DISH Receivers is any indication. Like ota function was bad like the hopper 3 on the first hopper and it took till October before that was fixed in 2012. I have noticed that the software updates for the hopper 3 are taking longer and they must be testing them before they release them to the public. Used to be all customers were the testers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)