U347 for H3

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I just noticed I received U347 on my H3 at 2:03 am on 4/7/2017. Does anyone know what was updated ? I did see that the 4K channel 540 is no longer in the guide. But that could have change prior to U347 and I just missed it. I still get my 3 EHDs so am happy with that.

I just noticed I received U347 on my H3 at 2:03 am on 4/7/2017. Does anyone know what was updated ? I did see that the 4K channel 540 is no longer in the guide. But that could have change prior to U347 and I just missed it. I still get my 3 EHDs so am happy with that.
So I guess we skipped 146? Last night, I made sure that my box was ready for any updates that may have been hanging around out there, but I'm still on 145.

the 4K channel 540 is no longer in the guide
Channel additions or removal usually aren't tied to s/w updates. Timing could just be coincidental.

I did see a post from someone with a Hopper 2 that just got an update in the past day or so. He noted that the overlay when using FF or slow-motion is gone.

Sure would be nice if this one solves the non recording issues because deleting and setting up new ones just doesn't work in all cases.

On my HWS I now have U233 and when you check the internet download speed it actually shows the speed instead of zero. Also on the status screen in diagnostics there is an "E" category Satellite signal status that wasn't there before.

My U347 came down yesterday and my guide page of my favorites is still frozen on the lowest eight channels. Still can't scroll above or below those eight channels, and I still can't direct input a channel and go to that channel in the guide. It just won't go. After talking with Dish for a LONG time today, we have my Favorites Guide page running normally, but that is only because I had to eliminate all of my collapsible channels like Regional Sports, Sirius music, Pac 12 channels, etc. Once those are gone, the individual guide works that I call My Favorites. Just for grins, we put all of those collapsible channels on a new Favorites Guide page, and you can't scroll up or down or direct input when the channel groupings are collapsed. Interestingly, if you open up all the channels on all the channel groups, i.e. expand everything, the scrolling up and down and direct channel entry work correctly. But, next time you turn off your H3, when you start it up again, all the channel groups have collapsed again. My contact had not seen any of this before, but was able to duplicate it on his H3 at work, so the issue is being written up. So it just goes on and on...

Did you try to unplug and replug in your receiver to do a power cord reboot? I do this after all software updates to clear out glitches and quirks of the new software.

Sadly, that one being guide-related, probably isn't going to be fixed by a software update.

While I agree with you, I received 347 this morning. Checking the schedule it looks like something has caused it to be fixed. All of my golf for this week and next are on the schedule! That wasn't the case yesterday. I can see how the guide has been changed to make sure the episode number is now in the description. That wasn't the case before and that's what I think caused all my problems over the last few months. Now, I will wait until tomorrow to see if it cancels the network feed at the last minute or not.

Edited to add that while it looks like the PGA Tout timers may have been fixed by adding episode numbers to each airing, that doesn't appear to be the case with the LPGA airings! No episode numbers and thus trying to set up a recurring recording still doesn't work. Had to go in and selec individual episodes for tomorrow and Friday/Saturday. Oh well. At least some progress, just not all of it fixed yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts