U501 Hopper 3

I forced both of my hopper with sling receivers to software U236. The receiver does a reboot. When it powers back on it waits ~ 2 minutes and then it starts downloading the new software.

The new software did not fix the external drive problem. When trying to access a program on the external drive you still get the black screen the first time. You then have to use the guide to resume live programming. Then you can successfully play a program on the external drive.

Hopper3

Guide response:
Before U500 it was getting pretty slow to respond and to display the program info.
After U500, still sluggish.
After U501 the info is there instantly. Every time.

Dual OTA Tuner:
Before U500 my dual OTA dongle worked fine on the one enabled tuner.
After U500 enabled the 2nd OTA tuner I couldn't watch any OTA channel for more than about 10-15 minutes before a complete OTA signal loss occurred. Only a reboot would bring an OTA signal back, but then for only another 10-15 minutes.
After U501 the OTA tuners stay locked sporadically for anywhere from 10 seconds to 7 minutes, and usually, but not always, reacquire in a couple of seconds. When it doesn't come right back, again, only a reboot will work. No way you could record anything this way. (these are stations with an indicated 100% signal strength) The dongle itself still gets awfully hot. Maybe it did before U500, too, but I never noticed until seeing talk of it here after U500.

Btw, I have two WD MyBook 2TB EHDs connected (one's USB 3 - other's USB2), and have had no problems with either of them.

I forced both of my hopper with sling receivers to software U236. The receiver does a reboot. When it powers back on it waits ~ 2 minutes and then it starts downloading the new software.

The new software did not fix the external drive problem. When trying to access a program on the external drive you still get the black screen the first time. You then have to use the guide to resume live programming. Then you can successfully play a program on the external drive.
I've been trying for weeks to go to u236. It does a reboot, goes off, powers back on etc. but still stays on u235.

I've been trying for weeks to go to u236. It does a reboot, goes off, powers back on etc. but still stays on u235.

After the reboot and it powers back on you need to be patient and not turn on the receiver. Just watch the screensaver for 1 or 2 minutes. It will then start the download. If you don't wait but power the receiver on, it does not do the download. I found that out by accident. I would power it on to check and no download. One time I got distracted by a phone call so I did not power on the receiver. In 1.5 minutes it started the download. Since then I have updated both of my HWS receivers 2 times successfully.

The U236 software update has only been available for a couple of days.

Got mine this morning and while watching the news everything went black. Had to do a RBR so hopefully that was just a gentle nudge telling me it had something new and needed to be rebooted.

Got the Hopper 3 U501 update this morning. Will check the 40.0 remote control color buttons shortcut list for any changes and post later today.

After the reboot and it powers back on you need to be patient and not turn on the receiver. Just watch the screensaver for 1 or 2 minutes. It will then start the download. If you don't wait but power the receiver on, it does not do the download. I found that out by accident. I would power it on to check and no download. One time I got distracted by a phone call so I did not power on the receiver. In 1.5 minutes it started the download. Since then I have updated both of my HWS receivers 2 times successfully.

The U236 software update has only been available for a couple of days.
Thanks that did it. I was wrong about the version. I was trying to get U235 for weeks. Today I went from U234 to U236.

Reactions: littlecloud319
It seems ironic that a 501 is an upgrade from a Hopper 3. :D
That's what I first thought when I saw the title of the thread.
7487590_440_1.gif

But at least we'd have a red 'record' light.

It is only one build number higher than 500. You can't expect any significant changes with just a single code compilation.

Oh, I assure you, there were probably dozens of code compilations before they released THE ONE!
;)
Been there.
Done that.
Got the T-shirt.

And burned it.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts