U542 for the hopper 3 DVR

Menu, settings, power. Check your reset time.

I have it set for 6am. Just lately it stuck at around 10:30am. Up until now it's been anytime of the day or night when you want to watch or have a recording going and not when it's sleeping. Never when it's Sleeping.

I have it set for 6am. Just lately it stuck at around 10:30am. Up until now it's been anytime of the day or night when you want to watch or have a recording going and not when it's sleeping. Never when it's Sleeping.
We’ve probably gone over this before but... It is essential that all receivers be in standby and have no recordings set within about an hour of the time you have your reset time set. If any of these are not the case a reset will happen at some time when all of those requirements are met. Or if not met within an established time the Hopper will just do it when it wants to.

We’ve probably gone over this before but... It is essential that all receivers be in standby and have no recordings set within about an hour of the time you have your reset time set. If any of these are not the case a reset will happen at some time when all of those requirements are met. Or if not met within an established time the Hopper will just do it when it wants to.
It has plenty of time around the set time to do what is needs to. But this morning when the "Stop or Go" panel came up and I stopped it. There was a recording going on at the same time I wanted to finish watching. But it did it anyway. And it ran the U542 update . . .

OK. So why in the recent past did it only do it when, let's say, the unit was "active" and not when it had been been asleep for 6, 8 10 hours? All the time it waits until it's in use, then it wants to do it. And at night it get put to sleep/turned off by Alexa when she's told "Good Night". The light goes out. Also when you tell the Voice Remote to "Turn Off". It just says, OK, I'll wait . . .

Reactions: TheKrell
Just for jeepers when you tell Alexa Good Night, go around to all of your receivers and make sure that the power light is off. It might take 5 minutes for that light to go off if it is like the 54 remote off signal.

Just for jeepers when you tell Alexa Good Night, go around to all of your receivers and make sure that the power light is off. It might take 5 minutes for that light to go off if it is like the 54 remote off signal.
At that time it's the only H3 that I am concerned about and the light is off. The other has long since been "off". Then they lay in wait for us to turn them on and "THEN IT'S TIME!!!" It's bad enough that these things have a mind of their own. Now it has company, the Google AI. They probably party all night . . .

Think the H3 version is a typo

Beginning November 13th, a new software version will be deployed to Hopper, Hopper with Sling and Hopper 3. The updated software will deploy to the existing receiver population over a period of several days.

November software release details:

• Google assistant setup flow improvement
  • Remote pairing popup fix when installing with SNAP

November Software Version

• Hopper 3: U541
  • Hopper w/ Sling: U722
  • Hopper: U900
  • Existing receivers active on customer accounts will update software during the overnight standby cycle.
Important note on software updates

• Existing receivers will not download software until they are targeted to retrieve the next software version
    • Targeting of receivers is done in groups over a period of several days

Reactions: charlesrshell
Think the H3 version is a typo

Beginning November 13th, a new software version will be deployed to Hopper, Hopper with Sling and Hopper 3. The updated software will deploy to the existing receiver population over a period of several days.

November software release details:

• Google assistant setup flow improvement
  • Remote pairing popup fix when installing with SNAP

November Software Version

• Hopper 3: U541
  • Hopper w/ Sling: U722
  • Hopper: U900
  • Existing receivers active on customer accounts will update software during the overnight standby cycle.
Important note on software updates

• Existing receivers will not download software until they are targeted to retrieve the next software version
    • Targeting of receivers is done in groups over a period of several days

Yea, the Hopper 3 is U542 and the Hopper w/Sling is U723.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts