U727 HWS Update

Yes, the black screen problem didn't appear until recently. At least it is just a minor issue. As NYDutch said, pressing "Info" and "Select" on my 40.0 remotes usually gets rid of the black screen.

So tonight, instead of the "your snap is active" screen, I was greeted by a "your snap is not active" screen. I just ignored it, if it's still there tomorrow I'll pull it and reinsert it to see if anything changes.

Back to the "active" screen today. Still don't know why they think it needs to be there.

Oddly, I've only seen the "Snap active" screen once since the update. The receiver in our motorhome has been through complete power down restarts a few times since then without the notice showing up.

The annoying Snap popups have now disappeared for me. Unfortunately, I've had two black screens in the past three days, and the 0 of 3 tuners in use screen is again a frequent happening. What the hell, Dish?

The annoying Snap popups have now disappeared for me. Unfortunately, I've had two black screens in the past three days, and the 0 of 3 tuners in use screen is again a frequent happening. What the hell, Dish?
Same here. Also half the time when I exit from a recording it is tuned to channel 103.

Last night I had the Snap popup again, and also found that it wasn't detecting my wifi -- something that's been happening a lot lately, but I keep forgetting to mention it with all the other problems. Attempting to reconnect to the wifi appeared to be hanging forever, so I selected Reset Network instead, which also appeared to hang forever -- but eventually came out of it, with a "Starting Up..." message on the screen as if the whole system had rebooted, although it hadn't. What a joke.

Last night I had the Snap popup again, and also found that it wasn't detecting my wifi -- something that's been happening a lot lately, but I keep forgetting to mention it with all the other problems. Attempting to reconnect to the wifi appeared to be hanging forever, so I selected Reset Network instead, which also appeared to hang forever -- but eventually came out of it, with a "Starting Up..." message on the screen as if the whole system had rebooted, although it hadn't. What a joke.
The Snaps seem to have an issue with Internet connectivity. If I install a new Hopper with the Snap in place, when I connect to the Internet, I'll get connected to the router, but no DNS and reboot fixes it. If I take the snap out at install, then insert after I connect, I don't have that problem, but I've told my customers to reboot if they have connection issues. And this is connecting via wifi, ethernet or a HIC.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Snaps seem to have an issue with Internet connectivity. If I install a new Hopper with the Snap in place, when I connect to the Internet, I'll get connected to the router, but no DNS and reboot fixes it. If I take the snap out at install, then insert after I connect, I don't have that problem, but I've told my customers to reboot if they have connection issues. And this is connecting via wifi, ethernet or a HIC.
Is it still happening with the U728 update? I haven't seen the connectivity issue here at all even with U727...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)