UConn football player killed early this morning

Nothing shocks me anymore. Frankly he should have been in bed at 12 am. Its about what college football is coming too. The NCAA needs to install a curfew to keep its players alive.

Nothing shocks me anymore. Frankly he should have been in bed at 12 am. Its about what college football is coming too. The NCAA needs to install a curfew to keep its players alive.

and keep players out of strip bars and alcohol bars, too, at least while in season.

Hey vurbano - how about actually reading up on the event, prior to throwing a good kid's body under a bus, eh?

Seriously - Jazz was stabbed leaving a school-sponsored alcohol-free homecoming event, in the middle of a bucolic campus, within steps of the student union, for crying out loud.

Being a mod prevents me from fully venting on you, but you lost some serious points with me, personally, for your flippant, uninformed post.

And yes, I'm in complete shock about this. A homicide on a campus like UConn is nearly unthinkable on its own. To have such a promising young life taken so early is beyond tragic. Combining the 2, well, it's a shock to the system.

Ya blame the victim.
no I dont. But the same thing happens every season at least a once or twice under basically the same circumstances. Remember the definition of insanity? expecting a different result? The NCAA should take some action to protect these kids immature adults . If you got them back in their beds by 11pm they'd probably live longer.

Hey vurbano - how about actually reading up on the event, prior to throwing a good kid's body under a bus, eh?

Seriously - Jazz was stabbed leaving a school-sponsored alcohol-free homecoming event, in the middle of a bucolic campus, within steps of the student union, for crying out loud.

Being a mod prevents me from fully venting on you, but you lost some serious points with me, personally, for your flippant, uninformed post.
Moderator huh, too bad you can't see that I wasnt throwing anyone under the bus. Put out that raw nerve you have just because its your precious UCONN.

no I dont. But the same thing happens every season at least a once or twice under basically the same circumstances. Remember the definition of insanity? expecting a different result? The NCAA should take some action to protect these kids immature adults . If you got them back in their beds by 11pm they'd probably live longer.

It was sanctioned by the school, so your point is moot......errr rather wrong!

vurbano - I'm only responding to your drivel because it's :

1) horribly uninformed
2) ridiculous (yeah, an NCAA sanctioned curfew? that would work)

Only reason UConn comes into play is that I know where this happened, and trust me, it's shocking that something so violent could happen in such a place.

vurbano - I'm only responding to your drivel because it's :

1) horribly uninformed
2) ridiculous (yeah, an NCAA sanctioned curfew? that would work)

Only reason UConn comes into play is that I know where this happened, and trust me, it's shocking that something so violent could happen in such a place.
Probably would have worked here. I doubt he would have been a victim at 9am. what is horribly uninformed is your inability to read the post I made. Where did I mention alcohol? Where did I blame him?
2. Violence on a college campus shocks you? How naive.

1) ok, so what else happens bad after these times that you would like to see curfews? do these kids turn into gremlins? (to imply you're not speaking of alcohol/drugs is disingenuous)
2) Probably not the best idea to question an alumnus on the particulars of his own campus, but you're proving that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed today, regardless.

this is extremely sad news. they had just won this weekend to. this is just horrible. Im a WVU fan , and they are suppose to play UCON next Saturday to. This is really going to be a very sad game

I do not think any of us know enough to comment on the particular situation.

Calls for curfews and paternalism generally in college sports or college generally are not realistic. These are adults.

From the limited coverage in the media, this appears to be a "college sponsored non-alcohol" event. Was this a one time tragic event perpetrated by some piece of human garbage, or is this a symptom of something like Miami, Bayor, Tulane or Oklahoma have put up with over the last couple of decades? Time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)