Espanyol vs.
_schalke_.gif
Schalke
Don't forget to set your DVR!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Ok, I'll try. ;)

UEFA - the Union of European Football Associations - is the governing body of football on the continent of Europe. UEFA is an association of associations: it currently includes 52 national associations - pretty much all European countries.

UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League are the two biggest annual International football competitions in Europe.

Espanyol is one of the Spanish clubs, who made it to the round of 32 in this year's UEFA Cup. (It is the only Spanish club still competing on three fronts - the Primera División, Copa del Rey and UEFA Cup.)

Schalke is a German club. I don't know much about them, but I know that they have won the UEFA Cup in 1996/97 season.

Tomorrow will be the second leg of the round of 32. In the first game Schalke defeated Espanyol: 2-1.

From Paul:

We are back in Europe as well to see Espanyol entertain German side Schalke 04 in the UEFA Cup. Espanyol are not the most thrilling of outfits, but they need to overcome a 2-1 defeat from the first leg, so it should be a good one.As always we'll see you there in HD.

PAUL

I remember Schalke 04 being featured a lot on a program called, "Soccer Made in Germany" which was carried on my PBS station where I used to live over 20 years ago. Wow, memories!

Just got home - watching it on my DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)