UFC 67 on HD PPV!!!

ROLLZROYCE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Just announced last night on the Chuck Liddell/Tito Ortiz event:

UFC 67 will broadcast in HD on Feb. 3, 2007!

This is big news for UFC fans, finally I will have a reason to actually order an event and not go to a friends house or Buffalo Wild Wings!

Wow, what a surprise, called E* and they do not have the HD broadcast available for this event. 35 HD channels and 3 WORTHLESS HD PPV channels that are off the air about 95% of the time.

Has anyone viewed an HD PPV event through E*?

I had an email from Dish today marketing the UFC in HD. $49 instead of $39 for the PPV.

At UFC 67: ALL OR NOTHING, the winner of the hit reality series The Ultimate Fighter 4 receives his prize ? a shot at the world title ? when Anderson "The Spider" Silva puts up his Middleweight crown against Travis Lutter. Plus, see the UFC debut of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Mirko Cro Cop!

High definition - $49.95
Channel 9467

OR

Standard definition - $39.95
Channels 455/472

I love watching UFC, and I love sparring doing submission wrestling, but my wife would kill me right now if I were to spend basically the same as half-of-my monthly Dish bill for one 3 hour set of fights. :(

Oh yea i do understand that. My wife lets me buy them because she does not want me to fight anymore. Also a few of my buddies and old sparring partners still fight.

Oh yea i do understand that. My wife lets me buy them because she does not want me to fight anymore. Also a few of my buddies and old sparring partners still fight.

Did you fight competitively?

I started a few years too late to go full contact; although sometimes our sparring sessions got a bit heated. :D

Once I was kickboxing with my instructor (who is a student of Ron Balicki; son-in-law of Dan Innosanto; so a nice short Bruce Lee lineage), and I apparently popped him in the nose right in the beginning of the round. He beat the crap out of me for two solid minutes. Knocked me down three times, but being stupid, I kept getting up. :) Only later did I realize that I had gotten him first.;)

Did you fight competitively?

I started a few years too late to go full contact; although sometimes our sparring sessions got a bit heated. :D

Once I was kickboxing with my instructor (who is a student of Ron Balicki; son-in-law of Dan Innosanto; so a nice short Bruce Lee lineage), and I apparently popped him in the nose right in the beginning of the round. He beat the crap out of me for two solid minutes. Knocked me down three times, but being stupid, I kept getting up. :) Only later did I realize that I had gotten him first.;)

Yea i would fight in Mexico and underground fights. I still know alot of fighters and some are buddies on UFC. I started Muay Thai when i was 4. Started Goju when i was 12. Wrestle in high school and then tried jujitsu. All these arts really helped me with sports and discipline.

Yea i would fight in Mexico and underground fights. I still know alot of fighters and some are buddies on UFC. I started Muay Thai when i was 4. Started Goju when i was 12. Wrestle in high school and then tried jujitsu. All these arts really helped me with sports and discipline.

Muay Thai at 4. Impressive. Underground fights -- equally impressive.

I started Muay Thai at 36. ;) plus Filipino Escrima (stick fighting), Jeet Kune Do, and jui-jitsu (although even that is often a mix of Jui-Jitsu and Shoot Wrestling). To be honest, my heart is totally into the submission wrestling, but my body usually isn't! Too old, I guess.

My only UFC Connections are Jeremy Horn; he gave us a seminar on jui-jitsu a year and a half ago, before he returned to the UFC for that forgettable fight against the Iceman. Kind of painful to watch actually.

As soon as my wife told me she... well we were having a baby i gave it all up. I still train started training my oldest son at 6. I did not want to push him into anything i did. I am lucky he loves training with me! Sorry about the Iceman fight he is a really nice guy. So is Ken Shamrock. I went to visit my Grand mother for thanks giving and went by the Lions Den in Lodi. I was told they were in Big Bear getting ready to fight on Feb 10 on show time. I will write you a Pm sometime and tell ya a couple of crazy stories.

Technically this would belong in the Network threads, but... I didn't feel like starting a new thread; and we don't have one on Numb3rs...

The Futon Critic reports:

UFC FIGHTER TITO ORTIZ TO GUEST STAR IN THE CBS HIT DRAMA "NUMB3RS" ON FRIDAY, FEB. 16

NEW YORK, Feb. 6 -- UFC fighter Tito Ortiz will guest star in NUMB3RS Friday, Feb. 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In the episode, Don (Rob Morrow) and the FBI investigate the mysterious death of a mixed-martial arts fighter after he dies in the ring while training for a championship match with his sparring partner. David's (Alimi Ballard) friend becomes the main suspect after the FBI learns that the victim was poisoned, and another fighter who sparred with him also died in the ring while training. David tries to find evidence to clear the fighter even though they believe that he might have been knocking off the competition to improve his ranking in the league. Ortiz plays Tino Alva, the defending champion in the all-out fighting league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)