Ugly Dish Satellite Install Picture

eaw7100

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
United States
Had complete loss of signal and a Dish Tech installed a new Dish. What is with all the wires hanging off the new Dish? Are there any Dish standards for aesthetics? Will this really hold up in a storm?
Ugly Dish.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am on chat with them and they seem confused by my complaint... "I show we had someone out there today" was their latest response. Can someone who had a recent Dish Satellite install comment: is this what it usually looks like with the wires hanging off?

I am on chat with them and they seem confused by my complaint... "I show we had someone out there today" was their latest response. Can someone who had a recent Dish Satellite install comment: is this what it usually looks like with the wires hanging off?
No, that is unacceptable.

Give them the link for this thread.

You have every right to complain. I'd be mad if it were my place.

Had complete loss of signal and a Dish Tech installed a new Dish. What is with all the wires hanging off the new Dish? Are there any Dish standards for aesthetics? Will this really hold up in a storm?View attachment 119282
Id make the call to complain and make that guy fix it, not some one else. There's no excuse for that mess, he didn't bring any wire ties with him and he wasn't climbing back up the ladder....

I would to ask what his problem is, but then again I watch when people do this stuff I would have been on him...
Unfortunately, I let him leave without checking his work since the TV regained a good signal. I assumed the new Dish Satellite would not suck. He seemed like a nice guy.

Wow what a horrible lazy install....#1 I would never allow anyone to install a dish on the roof interfering with shingles and just 1 more avenue for a possible leak...I would demand taking it off the roof and fixing the holes that were done by this skimpy install..If he was so lazy about not properly and neatly running the RG6 I can only bet there was no consideration taken for your roof and possible leaks!...What an arsehole!!!

With probably over 50 holes drilled in my roof either by myself or Dish, I have yet to see one leak. Of course, given the crappy job your installer did with the cables, maybe he used no sealer on the lag screws. :eek

Wow what a horrible lazy install....#1 I would never allow anyone to install a dish on the roof interfering with shingles and just 1 more avenue for a possible leak...I would demand taking it off the roof and fixing the holes that were done by this skimpy install..If he was so lazy about not properly and neatly running the RG6 I can only bet there was no consideration taken for your roof and possible leaks!...What an arsehole!!!
Finally convinced Dish to come on Thursday to fix this. What do I tell the installer? Go back up with some zip ties? Dish seemed very confused by my request for tech to return since TV works well. Also, will he really move it to a new location for me - like the back of the house? This is in the front.

Just tell him the tech left wires hanging, he should put in proper service loops and zip tie it.

He may or may not move the dish, placement depends on line of sight with the satellite and distance to the nearest ground source. Just ask The tech that comes out and see what he can do for you.

Finally convinced Dish to come on Thursday to fix this. What do I tell the installer? Go back up with some zip ties? Dish seemed very confused by my request for tech to return since TV works well. Also, will he really move it to a new location for me - like the back of the house? This is in the front.
If that's the front, it will be difficult to move the dish to the back. I'm assuming your house faces south. That's the way the dish will need to point. He might be able to put it on the side of your house (either directly on the side itself or a pole mount), but I doubt he'll be able to put it on the back.

If that's the front, it will be difficult to move the dish to the back. I'm assuming your house faces south. That's the way the dish will need to point. He might be able to put it on the side of your house (either directly on the side itself or a pole mount), but I doubt he'll be able to put it on the back.
My house faces east. Dish is mounted on south-east corner of house. Would he be able to move it to south-west corner (back) of house? Will they really do this without charging? And is it worth having more holes drilled in my roof? I also have a second Dish International Satellite that would have to me moved.

About him moving the dish that's up to you and if he can get a signal in a different location. If he is a good tech all he will have to do is look at that dish and see what your complaint is I mean really! If he moves it watch if you can, get a lawn chair and watch for a calking gun to seal things up.....

About him moving the dish that's up to you and if he can get a signal in a different location. If he is a good tech all he will have to do is look at that dish and see what your complaint is I mean really! If he moves it watch if you can, get a lawn chair and watch for a calking gun to seal things up.....

Caulking guns are a thing of the past. We use Bishop's tape to seal the roof between the bracket and the roof that the lags drive through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)