Ugly Looking Dish

It is clean but real faded and the DISH logo is hardly readable. I don't want anyone to think I am with a brand X company. I am a proud DISH customer.
I have a D-1000 antenna in my garage that during my tech days, I grabbed from an upgrade. The Customer did not want it. I was thinking one day I would buy the Racing Television Network package one day. That service comes off the 11.7 orbital slot.
But I get RTN on line for half the price.
I no longer need the antenna. I will go look at it to see the condition.
PM me. We'll make a deal.....BTW, you can check around to see if you can buy one, but I doubt it.
Get back to me.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a D-1000 antenna in my garage that during my tech days, I grabbed from an upgrade. The Customer did not want it. I was thinking one day I would buy the Racing Television Network package one day. That service comes off the 11.7 orbital slot.
But I get RTN on line for half the price.
I no longer need the antenna. I will go look at it to see the condition.
PM me. We'll make a deal.....BTW, you can check around to see if you can buy one, but I doubt it.
Get back to me.
DishDepot.com sells new 1000+ with the LNBS for $149.99. Thanks dishcomm, but I will pass. I don't know how to sight them in anyway so I am going to see if DISH will replace it someday. Thanks again.

I actually prefer the old faded out look of the dish. Not nearly as noticeable up there on the house.
I like the old faded look of the newer black Dish 1000.4 that I have. The letters "HD" used to be red, but that faded away a long time ago. With the black background, it actually makes the faded letters stand out more. I wonder if that is why Dish switched to using a black background, so that the logo would stand out more when it fades, instead of becoming unreadable.

I was only asking because I am considering experimenting with the 1000.4, using the larger reflector from the 1000+ to upgrade it to a 1000.5 dish. So, I would only need the reflector, not the entire dish. Is that what you ordered?

Are you sure the 1000.4 is bigger than the 1000+? I never have heard of the 1000.5 dish. Can you send a link to it? I haven't ordered anything. Claude is looking for a spare reflector for a 1000+ dish. If you change out to a different size reflector with the same LNBs, doesn't the dish have to be re-sighted?

I was only asking because I am considering experimenting with the 1000.4, using the larger reflector from the 1000+ to upgrade it to a 1000.5 dish. So, I would only need the reflector, not the entire dish. Is that what you ordered?
I don't think changing just the reflector will give you any additional signal. The two dishes have different focal points so your signal could actually be less.

I seem to remember people referring to this combination as a 1000.5 although it's not an official Dish designation. IIRC, the mod required modifying the feed arm as well so the LNBs sit at the 1000+ focal point.

I don't think changing just the reflector will give you any additional signal. The two dishes have different focal points so your signal could actually be less.

I seem to remember people referring to this combination as a 1000.5 although it's not an official Dish designation. IIRC, the mod required modifying the feed arm as well so the LNBs sit at the 1000+ focal point.
and if I remember that conversation, it didn't work either. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts