Uh oh...Approx. 10 Syracuse BB players failed drug tests and kept playing...

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
....As if this whole Bernie Fine thing earlier was not enough....:(

IF this is true, as much as I LOVE Boeheim, he has got to go.

posted at 05:06 PM ET, 03/05/2012

Report: Syracuse basketball program violated drug policy
By Matt Brooks

Syracuse held onto its No. 2 ranking in the latest Associated Press college basketball poll. But while the Orange continue to roll on the hardwood — they take a 10-game win streak into this week’s Big East tournament — they may be under fire once again off it.

Jim Boeheim’s program is under fire yet again. (Adam Fenster - Reuters) According to a report from Charles Robinson and Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports, Syracuse allowed as many as 10 players to continue playing after positive drug tests over the last 12 years, violating the program’s internal drug policy.

The report cites four sources “with intimate knowledge of the program” who said players were not suspended in accordance with athletic department policies. The team violate its policy by “failing to properly count positive tests” and “playing ineligible players after they should have been subject to suspension.”

The NCAA declined comment when reached by Yahoo Sports, and Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim also refused to comment, saying “I don’t know anything about it. I would not comment on anything like that. Good luck with your story.”

If an NCAA investigation corroborated the report, Syracuse could face sanctions similar to those levied against Baylor back in 2005.

This is the second time the Orange have garnered unwanted media attention this season. In November, a former team ball boy accused Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine of molesting him . Fine was put on leave and eventually fired 10 days later.

Report: Syracuse basketball program violated drug policy - The Early Lead - The Washington Post

Here is the yahoo news report:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...asketball_investigation_drug_violation_030512

He says he didn't know. That is impossible. The school even reported it, so how does he not know.

He says he didn't know. That is impossible. The school even reported it, so how does he not know.

Plausible deniability is, at root, credible (plausible) ability to deny a fact or allegation, or to deny previous knowledge of a fact. The term most often refers to the denial of blame in (formal or informal) chains of command, where upper rungs quarantine the blame to the lower rungs, and the lower lungs are often inaccessible, meaning confirming responsibility for the action is nearly impossible. In the case that illegal or otherwise disreputable and unpopular activities become public, high-ranking officials may deny any awareness of such act or any connection to the agents used to carry out such acts. It typically implies forethought, such as intentionally setting up the conditions to plausibly avoid responsibility for one's (future) actions or knowledge.

Plausible deniability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember after the Marcus Camby fiasco at UMass, the Athletic Director acknowledged that he had seen the gaudy medallion that Camby had been wearing around his neck but figured it must have been costume jewelry. :rolleyes:

And when John Wooden used to send some of his uphappy players to visit with booster Sam Gilbert for counseling, he had no idea that Mr. Gilbert was also dispensing gifts and arranging services for them.

On the subject of ESPN's journalistic integrity, impartiality and diligence, I have never once heard anyone on ESPN utter any Sam Bowie guffaws when eliciting the wisdom of Jack Ramsey. I don't see how they could resist, unless it is explicitly in his contract that Bowie can't be mentioned in his presence.

CHL OHL: Otters forced to put forward in net, lose to IceDogs

A thing of beauty, WWE Style Slam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts