UHD / July

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
liveearth_horz_235x132.jpg

Rising temperatures, greenhouse gasses, melting glaciers—hey, it sounds like Mother Earth could use some help! So 150 of the world’s best recording artists have come together to make some noise and a whole lot of music in hopes of inspiring all of us to take action. Haven’t got a ticket? No sweat! We’re bringing you the best seat in the house. While you can catch select live coverage on some of the other NBC networks, this is the only place you’ll see every band in HD. That’s right, all 22 hours of music from seven continents, all in high definition, only on Universal HD. You’ll see and hear The Beastie Boys, Ludacris, Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, Bon Jovi, Madonna, The Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Melissa Etheridge, Dave Matthews Band, The Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Duran Duran, Akon, AFI, Paolo Nutini, KT Tunstall, Genesis and many, many more! For more information about Live Earth and global warming, go to SOS | Live Earth | 7.7.07.
liveearthdate_235x132.jpg

Returning Series:
FIREFLY: SERENITY - PT1 Saturday, July 21st
Mini Series:
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - MINISERIES PART 1 & 2 - 3 HOUR VERSION - HD Saturday/early Sunday morning

Links:
Movies Schedule
Schedule
Source: UHD

Live Earth Coverage begins early in the morning...

Yes! I plan on recording all 22 hours on UniHD. That is UniversalHD, isn't it? The guide for it, from what I saw when I looked at the info, had no mention that it was in HD and also had that it was in stereo. According to the info on Universal's website it says all 22 hours are in HD but does anyone know if it will be in surround sound?

External storage should would come in handy for something like this!

Last edited:
Watch your DVR timers. UHD broke the 24 hours into 3 or 4 chunks. For some reason, my 622 skipped the first 2 hours. And when I checked it this morning, it planned to skip the last two chunks in favor of Mythbusters reruns...I had to restore them manually and move the priority up to #1.

This wouldn't surprise me much, except last night when I checked it, it was all set to record all 4 parts.

It looks like the problem is that because Live Earth started at 1am my time, it didn't get to download the schedule. So, for example, I have timers set for NEW Mythbusters. Last night, it could see that the Mythbusters were reruns and planned to skip them. But now, there's no descriptions. When the 622 can't tell if something is new or not, it records it anyway to be safe.

Right now, ALL my timers EXCEPT Live Earth say "No Description Available"

Last edited:
No, its not falling - its just heating up. :)

I am impressed with UHDs coverage; their commercials are all right on message too.

There was a study done in the uk that stated that Cow flatulence was the single leading of global warming. To be honest, I dont by into it, we live on a living planet it goes thru its cycles, just like there was an ice age and there were no cars around or aerosol can around back then. I love how Al Gore will use this concert to get his name out relase a movie like inconvient truth but when asked to take a pledge to lower his own familes engery consumption levels to equal or lower then the american average he refused. what a hypocrite.

Kind of like leonardo decaprio who will take a picture driving a prius because its enviromentally friendly but then get on a private jet to fly somewhere. Duh that does more damage to the environment then driving a regular car a flying on a commercial plane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)