UHF Pro Remote Frequency

smsmith0223

Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I am soon to be the owner of a couple DISH 322 boxes and while I was reading Dish Networks user guides the whole "UHF Pro Remote" caught my attention. Here's my question exactlly what frequencies does the UHF remote operate in? The rooms that will be using the two UHF Remotes are going to be on completely opposite sides of the house so I am not worried about interference between the two. My concern is that I also have a heavy wireless network consisting of many client workstations, 1 wireless router, and 1 wireless repeater all operating in the 2.8 ghz range. I also have 2 cordless phones operating at 5.8 ghz and 1 cordless phone at 900 mhz. Now the phones I couldn't care less about, but I am concerned that my wireless network will be... unstable do to interference from these remotes. If someone knows the frequencies of these remotes, or a link that has information on it that would greatly help me out. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick reply, however that is actually the opposite of what I’m looking for. I understand what you mean by mounting an UHF antenna closer to the other TV, which in fact I will be doing because one TV will be in a separate building. However this is only a solution to interference from the wireless AP affecting the remotes (if there will be interference at all.) The signal from the remotes will still be traveling the same distance no matter where the antenna is, which is why I'm curious if the remotes will affect my wireless network. I do know that the remotes are not sending a continuous on going signal like my wireless network, but say one of the UHF remote users is channel surfing every 1-2 seconds and just holding down a button this could theoretically be a problem. I do not own these remotes yet so I am unable to test any of this myself.

Dish UHF remotes use a freq of 369.5 MHz. There is a second harmonic at 739.03 MHz. 3dB bandwidth is about +/-100 kHz around the center freq. (Source: FCC OET filing, Grantee Code: DKN Product Code: FSK01 )

As said above - you shouldn't have any interference problems.

Last edited:
noremac said:
Dish UHF remotes use a freq of 369.5 MHz. There is a second harmonic at 739.03 MHz. 3dB bandwidth is about +/-100 kHz around the center freq. (Source: FCC OET filing, Grantee Code: DKN Product Code: FSK01 )

then mine must not be in spec my freq counter is calbrated and is says 433.1245 after I test it ten times.

Thanks for the info.

I won't challenge you guy's freq counters, but perhaps they are being affected by FSK harmonics. I've attached a spectrum analyzer plot for the Dish 8.0 UHF remote (FCC ID: DKN-FSK01). This is right out of their FCC compliance report, completed by a standards testing laboratory. The FCC is pretty fussy about this stuff!

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 671
smsmith0223 said:
... The rooms that will be using the two UHF Remotes are going to be on completely opposite sides of the house so I am not worried about interference between the two. ...
This is not an issue as you can choose one of some fifteen frequencies for each remote. Your wireless network can choose from one of at least eleven different channels (frequencies) IIRC.

That said, I do not know the frequeny range of the UHF remote.

EDIT: Some clown pointed out I was WRONG!!!!!!!! about different frequencies for different remote addresses. I apologize for my mistake. That said, the fact remains that there is no issue with the two UHF remotes interfering with each other as you have some fifteen different addresses to choose from.

Last edited:
SaltiDawg said:
you can choose one of some fifteen frequencies for each remote. .
WRONG!!!!!!!! you are not changing frequencies you are changing ADDRESS codes.

topcats69 said:
then mine must not be in spec my freq counter is calbrated and is says 433.1245 after I test it ten times.

Thanks for the info.

I'm a HAM radio guy, so of course, I also have a frequency counter laying around...

Mine shows 0369.5000
I tuned a ham radio to that frequency, and then hit some buttons on the remote, and get a carrier, and some digital sounding junk, so I'd say that's it.

I'm not sure if 433.1245 is for an older model remote, or maybe you were picking up a stronger signal from something nearby. Remember the signal from the remote is quite weak, and the freq. counter can easily lock onto something else.

noremac said:

More fun stuff from FCC....

Document page:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=724317&fcc_id='DKNFSK01'

Registered in 2003 for 369.5Mhz:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/tcb/reports/Tcb731GrantForm.cfm?mode=COPY&RequestTimeout=500&application_id=724317&fcc_id=DKNFSK01

The old remotes were at 384Mhz.

I have seen a regular blue button multi-functional IR remote that came with the 301's operate a wireless light that you can get where you use a remote to turn your light on and off in a house.

directv has one that's a cordless phone on one side and remote on the other. does anyone know how to change the code so you can use two in one house?

n0qcu said:
WRONG!!!!!!!! you are not changing frequencies you are changing ADDRESS codes.

You are both wrong err right :).
Dish Pro4.0/6.2 [DKNFSK03] use 8(9) FSK frequencies: from 369 to 395 MHz ; same time all remotes could have own logical ID in a range of 26(? 10 for old models) values.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)