UHF pro remote to control two Dish boxes?

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
Is there a Dish UHF pro remote that could control my 625 in my bedroom and my 622 downstairs? I thought there was a way to program the AUX button to control another receiver, but Dish technical support says no.

AUX is IR-only. I dont know what your intent is, but you can set them both to the same remote address. That would certainly be interesting.

As StevenD said, it depends on your intent.

Regardless of what CSR or Tech Support says, here's some info to think about:

1. The DishPro Remote in Aux mode will operate IR and UHF, but not UHF PRO, so the Aux mode can control another Dish Receiver - just not a DishPro receiver.

2. The 622 comes with 2 remotes; a IR for TV1, and a IR/UHF PRO for TV2.

3. Therefore, the 622 TV1 NORMALLY operates as IR. However, it can be programmed to operate as IR/UHF PRO. You will need a 6.3 IR/UHF PRO remote with the "Green TV 1 UHF PRO Key" installed. It is available ONLY from Dish Tech Support, ask for Part Number 144552 for about $39; or possibly from E-Bay for $10.

NOTE: Without modifications, I think only the 6.3 and/or the 6.2 IR/UHF PRO will work in this case - but I'm not swearing to anything but the 6.3.

I'm not familiar with the 625. So I don't know if you will need 2 remotes in the bed or not, but I think maybe the 6.3 IR/UHF PRO can control the 625 from Aux mode if within eye sight by using IR.

If not, and the 625 uses a 6.3 IR/UHF, you could set the address for 622 TV1 to 1, and the 625 to 2; then manually set the address on the remote each time you want to change it; but I don't believe you will have to go through this much trouble.

Last edited:
Try this with a 6.2 or 6.3 remote:

Program "SAT" for the address of the box not in the room the remote will be in, which will be controlled by UHF PRO. Program "AUX" for the address of the box in the same room, which will be controlled with IR.

From the Tech Portal :
http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/TechRemo3.1Trou.shtml#dualuhf

For the 625:

* Using the original Green Indicator Tab remote control at TV1, Press the MENU button on the remote control in SAT mode.

* Select System Setup, Installation, TV1 UHF Pro Setup.

* Using the Green Indicator Tab remote left arrow button to highlight and select Enable.

* Using the Green Indicator Tab remote right arrow button to highlight and select System Info.

* Using the Green Indicator Tab remote, arrow up to highlight the Primary Remote Address.

* Address the additional Blue Indicator Tab UHF Pro remote so that it is different then the Secondary Remote Address currently set for TV2.

* Press the red Record button on the additional Blue Indicator Tab UHF Pro remote. The Primary Remote Address for TV1 should change and include the words "IR and UHF Pro".

* Note: If the Primary and Secondary remote addresses are the same when doing this procedure, Error 590 will appear and you will not be able to continue the process.

* After completion, select Done to exit the System Info screen.

For the 622:

* Confirm customer is using 6.3 Replacement remote. Explain

* The 622 can only be used in Dual UHF Pro mode with a 6.3 Replacement Remote. The model number on the back of the remote should say "6.3 IR/UHF PRO" with part number 143040. The SAT mode button has a black ring around it.

* Using the original Green Indicator Tab IR remote control at TV1, Press the MENU button on the remote control in SAT mode.

* Select System Setup, Installation, System Info.

* Put the Green UHF Pro Indicator Tab with the black number "1" in the 6.3 Replacement Remote.

* Press record.

* The Primary Remote address field should now say UHF Pro Band A.

* After completion, select Done to exit the System Info screen.

DVDDAD said:
Is there a Dish UHF pro remote that could control my 625 in my bedroom and my 622 downstairs? I thought there was a way to program the AUX button to control another receiver, but Dish technical support says no.

Yes, unless I'm missing something.

I recently got both a 625 & 622 installed, and I interchange their UHF remotes all the time. (I actually don't know which is where anymore.)

You need to set the receivers to two different 'remote addresses' say 1 & 2. Then you can switch the remote to control either address 1 or address 2 via a couple button presses.

This also works for the IR remotes, which for me helps since I keep all my equipment stacked together in one place (to keep it away from the kids who love to push all those buttons on the front panels) but still need local IR remotes to control individual components.

I believe this is an important and unpromoted feature. Since you can easily distribute these receivers via their modulators, it's important to have easy access to controlling TV 1 & TV 2 and receiver 'A' and 'B' from where ever you are in the premises.

Yes they come set up for TV 1 & TV 2, but anyone who likes to annoy their wife knows you need to tweak things!:p (C'mon honey, it's really easy...and better this way.)
:hatsoff:

You could just use the same remote programmed to the same remote address and put some attenuators on the remote antenna on each box. This enabling you to change the channel with 10 or 15 foot, but when downstairs wouldn't change the upstairs. Just an idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)