UHF Remote Distances?

HardDriver

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Just curious, what kind of range are you guys getting on your UHF remotes? My 942's TV2 UHF remote barely gets through 2 walls, or even one when it's more than 40 feet away.

Hello, you are my first post. Well, i'm a DNS tech in Houston. I know that the UHF remote will work with an unobstructed range of 200 ft.. Things like mirrors (reflecting the signal back)are most common problems linked to UHF remotes.

remote probs

Had a problem with my 622, I have the SD signal running to my bed room, this is on coax cable, I had to almost stand on my head to change the channel. My room not the romote sucks by the way. Here's what I did. You will need two standard splitters, on the back of the receiver disconect the remote ant, combine them to the coax to the other room, when you get to the other room seperat them one to the tv one to the RF ant, lay it down set it whereever, you can now shove it up your A@@ and change channels. Hope this helps you. Peace Budda

funny remotes never seem to work from two rooms away but the one in the neighbors house controls mine just fine

budda said:
Had a problem with my 622, I have the SD signal running to my bed room, this is on coax cable, I had to almost stand on my head to change the channel. My room not the romote sucks by the way. Here's what I did. You will need two standard splitters, on the back of the receiver disconect the remote ant, combine them to the coax to the other room, when you get to the other room seperat them one to the tv one to the RF ant, lay it down set it whereever, you can now shove it up your A@@ and change channels. Hope this helps you. Peace Budda
This is a great idea...I wonder if there's any way to increase the antenna size?

Also for more options

I bought this new type of remote extender, makes ANY remote, RF. I got it for 35.00. ALL remotes have a RF singnal in them It uses a small transmitter in the battery compartment which comes with the unit. Works great as well or better then what comes with many components, just another option. It is called. Peace

Wireless RF Remote Control Extender
Manufacturer: Next Generation Home Products, Inc.

drkgable said:
... Things like mirrors (reflecting the signal back)are most common problems linked to UHF remotes.
And would that be the silver plating that is the cause? :D

HardDriver said:
This is a great idea... ...
The one minor problem - likely regulatory rather than real is that you now have the modulated TV output from your Dish receiver connected to two UHF radiating antennas. The result is that there is the potential for interference with existing OTA stations.

Another possible solution is to run a coax from the UHF Antenna input on the back of your receiver to another location where you connect your UHF antenna. I did that when I had 508 receivers - have not had to do it with the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts