UHF Remote for TV1

edpkp81

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Lake Ariel, PA
I have a VIP 622 and would like to use a UHF remote for both TV1 and TV2. I have an extra UHF remote from a returned dual tuner DVR (I forget the model number). Can this be done and, if so, what do I need to do?

It can be done. You would need a Dish Network part# 144552, which is a 6.3 UHF/IR Remote Kit.

Although the above is accurate, that part has only been available through Dish Network Technical Support. They will ship it to you for the price plus shipping; and can either bill your account or charge your credit card.

The 6.3 is the replacement and is actually a UHF PRO/IR remote; but the 6.2 should also work. A regular Dish UHF remote will not work.

If you decide to get a UHF PRO remote on ebay, make sure you are getting one with the "key tabs" that can be swapped out. Also check Sadoun and The DishStore using the above links.

You probably will not find instructions on how to program the 622 TV1 for UHF PRO/IR, unless you search this site.:) :) If you get the remote and can not get it programmed, check back here, or ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)