uhf remote interference

Drockinn

Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
NB
I am having a problem now the teck just left and the problem is not fixed.....He changed the switch a few cables then changed the receiver and nothing changed i still can not change the channel from the bed room with my uhf remote when my main tv(tv1) is turned on.If i turn tv1 off, my remote #2 (uhf) works fine.........

I changed the remote address and got all new hard wear every thing is new...

Anyone have any ideas???

I've run into that problem plenty of times on installs. What I usually to is get a 5-6' piece of coax and plug it into the UHF antenna port. Put a barrel connector on the end and place the UHF antenna on that. Run it out of the back of your entertainment center and away from the TV. 9x out of 10 this will take care of the issue. Main thing is to get the UHF antenna away from the TV and other wiring.

Both above suggestions are good ones. As a installer I have had to do both. Those big flat screen TVs really cause a lot of RF interference and most dish receivers are setting under the TV and that RF severly degrades the uhf signal from reaching that little antenna on back of the dish receiver.
Not much of a problem with the old style CRT TVs, just with the newer flat screens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)