UHF Remote Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

YodaMF

Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I recently picked up a cheap 4.0 IR/UHF PRO remote from ebay, hoping to replace the original IR/UHF remote that shipped with my 4700 (soft upgraded to 4900) receiver. It only seems to work in IR mode, and only then, when used in mode 1 (green key side). I can change the remote code that shows up in the system info via IR, but nothing happens with the mode 2 UHF (blue key side). I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe 'UHF Pro' is something different from the original UHF remote. Either that or it would seem the UHF transmitter is defective... in which case is there any way to use the transmitter from the original remote (the remote transmits fine, but a few of the buttons no longer work).

If it is the case that I bought an incompatible remote, does anyone know where I could get a replacement UHF remote for a decent price?

Thanks

YodaMF said:
I recently picked up a cheap 4.0 IR/UHF PRO remote from ebay, hoping to replace the original IR/UHF remote that shipped with my 4700 (soft upgraded to 4900) receiver. It only seems to work in IR mode, and only then, when used in mode 1 (green key side). I can change the remote code that shows up in the system info via IR, but nothing happens with the mode 2 UHF (blue key side). I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe 'UHF Pro' is something different from the original UHF remote. Either that or it would seem the UHF transmitter is defective... in which case is there any way to use the transmitter from the original remote (the remote transmits fine, but a few of the buttons no longer work).

If it is the case that I bought an incompatible remote, does anyone know where I could get a replacement UHF remote for a decent price?

Thanks
Uhf Pro is only compatible with the newer uhf recievers. You should be able to find a standard Uhf remote on ebay,just make sure it is not a UHF PRO.

Thanks for the reply. Stupid Echostar, as if making it backward compatible would've been hard. Oh well, off to find another remote :)

YodaMF said:
Thanks for the reply. Stupid Echostar, as if making it backward compatible would've been hard. Oh well, off to find another remote :)
While I agree that E* does MANY stupid things, this one (UHF compatibility) would've been difficult to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts