UHF Remote Reception

tobsandmags

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2011
I'm getting poor/non-existent UHF remote reception from our VIP622 in other rooms of our new house. I didn't have this much problem in our old house, but for whatever reason our new house blocks all signals. I read that I can move the remote antenna into the room with the TV by using some combination of spitters and/or diplexers. I tried using a plain spitter at each end (2 lines from the receiver for the remote antenna and TV2 coming into the spitter merging into a single coax...and then being split in the other room with another spitter installed in reverse to the TV and remote antenna). This fixed the remote reception problem but significantly degraded the picture quality. Should I be using a diplexer on each end or some combination of splitter and diplexer? If I need a diplexer, is that something Lowes would carry?

Its not what the rating of your spliter that's the problem, its that with a 50 percent signal loss in each splitter you're only gettig 1/4 of the signal to the tv that you were getting before.

Sent from my DROIDX

you can try to put it back at the reciever and try to address the tv2 remote on a higher number. Also if you have a basement you can try and put the splitter at tv2 a little closer to the reciever. if its an open, no finished basement or crawlspace, put it underneath the room. Sometimes shortening that distance from the reciever to the splitter will help the picture quality.

If you're picture quality is degraded try changing the tv2 output channel from air to cable, or setting the channel # lower. For instance, if it's set on air 60 try cable 73. Or air 23. Obviously you will have to then change the channel the tv2 is set on as well. Press menu, 6,1,5 on your remote.

Thx for the suggestions. It took me a few days to try them out. It turns out using a higher remote code did the trick. Not sure why that worked or what is different about this house but I'm glad it worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)