UHF remotes?????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wobbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Just installed a 522 and 322 in the basement and used a 6.0 UHF conversion remote for T.V. one on the 522. Does anyone have any tricks on how to make the UHF remotes have better range. Both T.V's for the 522 are maybe 40 feet from the reciever. Compared to the 322 remotes, they seem very slow and at times unresponsive. I did leave the TV2 UHF chip in the remote that I purchased for TV1, I just changed all the remote addresses to get them all to work independently. Would I be able to just use an old T.V. antennae in place of the antennae that comes with the reciever?

if you have any extra coax lying around you could make a nice gain antenna. not sure if the old "Rabbit Ears" would work but you could try... no harm in that.

A note that the 522 is very slow and sometimes unresponsive as is. like it you push a button and it responds 5 -10 seconds later... that means its pretty well time for a reboot (I say that alot but reboots fix alot of things). If it doesnt respond at all then you should adjust the antenna. Ive heard that there is a "Sweet Spot" to look for but Ive not had a single problem and the only IR remote i use is the TV1 of my 522... te rest use UHF.

The 522 and 322 use the same uhf remote, the last software revision on the 522 seems to have affected uhf remote response making it somewhat erratic. You can use a uhf antenna like the Zenith Silver Sensor to receive the remote signal.

boba said:
The 522 and 322 use the same uhf remote, the last software revision on the 522 seems to have affected uhf remote response making it somewhat erratic. You can use a uhf antenna like the Zenith Silver Sensor to receive the remote signal.

wow a $40.00 antenna for something you could make for $1.50 thats crazy. even rabbit ears are dirt cheap these days. no need to buy a HDTV antenna jsut to recieve UHF remoe signals.

If it is like my 4000 UHF remote, it has a BNC connector on the back for the antenna. Drop by radio Shack, pick up a coax with BNC connectors on it, and relocate the antenna closer to where your TV is. For an antenna for UHF remotes, all you really need is a piece of wire about 6 inches long.

For a related application, I saw a guy who had several devices using UHF remotes, all collocated. He connected all the remote inputs together with BNC Tee connectors, then ran coax throughout the house, with periodic Tee connectors and a 6 inch wire antenna. Remotes worked beautifully anywhere in the house.

AS much as I hated too, I moved the reciver to the living room. After a little dyplexing and rerouting one back feed the UHF is working fine. Thanks for the advice. I'm still going to take the time to try several of the suggestions you all gave me. But as of now, the little lady is happy and I guess that is all that matters - right???????

If you are using the batteries that came in with the receiver then go buy some new ones. I got a new 510 and put it in another room. Using the batteries it took forever to get the receiver to respond. Changed out the batteries and it now works just fine. There ain't no telling how long those batteries they put in the box have been around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)