UHF TV2 Issues - Splitter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jasonhutch

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I just moved my 622 to the basement and now I'm having problems with the TV2 remote receiving the signals. I tried positioning the antenna higher using coax but it didn't help much. I would like to try the splitter solution mentioned in other threads but need more info. My 622 already is using a diplexer on both ends to send the backfeed. Can I still use a splitter to move the antenna upstairs? What type of splitter do I need to purchase? Thanks!

Hi there. I've been reading and think is a good idea to post my situation here. I have a Dish 722 receiver and using the Dual-Tuner, Two-TV Receiver with Remote Control Antenna Combined with Home Distribution connection. The thing is that once I connect the coaxial cable to the UHF output in the receiver I start seeing lines in the picture. I change both splitters and ended up guessing is some kind of interference associated with using a splitter in the UHF output. Please help.

You might want to check your AC layout. In particular, check each outlet has the correct ground to neutral. It is also possible that they are on different AC legs but this is less important unless one is on a 2-prong circuit or extension--bad.

You can check the 3-prong polarities with a 3-neon tester for $3 to $5 at any hardware store. I found on changing all outlets that exactly 1/2 were hot-neutral reversed for 25 years with only an occasional spark to a transformer-less TV--before Dish.

-Ken

I understand that teh bad picture is on tv2 correct?

Well, try to set the modulator channel to tv2 to cable mode on a higher channel, like channel 121.

sometimes putting the attenuator that came with your receiver on the yellow 21-69 ouput before the cable can fix that fuzzy tv2 thing....it will dampen the signal in interference situations. or try a different channel like urbino said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)