Um, changing service address

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Didn't changing your service address used to take effect almost immediately? I called and changed it earlier today and still no changes in my programming and it still shows the old service address on the website even with receiever resets....incompetent csr?

Last edited:
Some questions of my own.

If you have the protection plan and "move", I suppose you're out of luck if you have a dish or wiring problem. However, if you have a problem with the receiver, how is that handled? Do they send you a replacement, and a return label to your service address, or does a tech come out?

When the receiver "calls home", do they know where it is coming from?

I don't know how DirecTV handles this, but with Dish, you can tell the CSR to send the package to your billing address. I know this works because I just got a package from Dish Wednesday (replacing a bad switch for the third time in 7 years). When the receiver calls home, they couldn't care less where the call came from. :)

As to the address change, it should have been imediate. At least when I changed my service address, it was instant. By the time I hung up the phone, I had the correct programming with the exception of the RSN. That takes 24-48 hours.

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)