Um, need a crash course in Dish Network.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For the skid mount, I was thinking about drilling a hole in the corners, welding a nut on the frame, then using long bolts, or just threaded rod, threaded through the nuts to level it. Sound ok? Part of the reason I want to go this route is I already have the frame part built. I built it to mount a tongue box on the front of my job trailer, but didn't like that the box was square instead of angled like the tongue, so I never used it. So I figured I could just add a board or more metal down the middle, put some adjusters in the corners, and mount it up. I have a gut feeling this will be a temp solution anyway.

I guess I would rather just get it all hooked up and see how it all works before we get too carried away. :)

Brew
sounds like you have a plan and only a trial and error attempt will prove it, so long as you have something solid under your "adjusters" so the don't sink in the ground if it rains.

sounds like you have a plan and only a trial and error attempt will prove it, so long as you have something solid under your "adjusters" so the don't sink in the ground if it rains.

good point, maybe some skids welded to the end of the threaded rod might be the way to go.

Brew

dish0003.JPGdish0005.JPGdish0004.JPG

Little update, I worked on the skid today, and have a few pics. any tips to improve it are welcome. One pic is of it in the "up" position, one pic is "folded" and the last one is how I made the LNB bracket foldable. The fram itself is probably a little small, but like I said earlier, it was already made. But it is actually pretty stable the way it is. I think if my Dad throws a small sand bag or jug of water on it, it isn't going to move at all.

I am debating spot welding a couple tabs on to the mount so if the frame is level, the mast will stop at plumb. The way it is, when you lift the dish the mast seems to be about 7 or so degrees off plumb. I think it would be easiest to level the base, then be able to just flip up the dish until it hits the stops and tighten it down? Or am I missing something?

I sprayed herculiner on the frame when I built it a few years ago, I am planning on taking the mount off and spraying everything I added for weather resistance. I did weld a fender washer on the bottom of the leveler feet for a little stability in soft soils. Thanks for looking.

Brew
pencil.png

Might be worth putting a stick on bubble on that skid, like come on tripods.

You need to stress to your father that the biggest problem people have tuning a dish is that the mast is not level and plumb. If its not level, it could become very frustrating for him. When you show him how to set this up be sure to let him level it, this will help when your not around. I get many calls from friends miles away wanting me to help fix their dish or equipment and trust me, if your not there looking at it, it's pretty hard to help.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Will put a level on the base, and will try to set the mast up so it is level when he puts it in the up position. Thanks for the tips.

Brew

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)