Unable to get SA IPTV to work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OhioDave

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this, but I hope so. I am a Sky Angel subscriber and for the past month or so I've been wrestling with Sky Angel IPTV tech. support attempting to get the IPTV to work. I've had about 8 to 12 or more conversations totaling more than 6 hours I'm sure, probably closer to 10+ hours on the phone. Last week they finally agreed to send me a another IPTV set top box, which has yet to arrive so I'm not sure it will solve the problem. I have both wireless and hard wire and neither is working for IPTV. Firewalls have been turned off, and everything else in my house- computer wise - has NO problems getting out onto the internet. I'm baffled and so it seems are they. My ISP doesn't block any ports. The IPTV box just isn't able to acquire the home page. Any ideas out there? anyone else have a problem connecting their IPTV box?
This particularly frustrating because this month for the first time (to my knowledge) the GMA Dove Awards broadcast is going to be live on The Gospel Music Channel and I would have been able to see it...arrgghh

There is an IPTV discussion board which likely would be more helpful. But I'm sure if you provided more details someone here would try to help.

Would you happen to have Verizon FIOS? I think there have been some issues with that. If not, cable or DSL? Static or Dynamic? Also what type of router?

I'm not a good one to answer since I don't have an IPTV and just a basic understanding of networking. But just on a lark, if you are knowledgeable about networks perhaps you might try setting a permanent port for the IPTV's MAC address?

There is an IPTV discussion board which likely would be more helpful. But I'm sure if you provided more details someone here would try to help.

Would you happen to have Verizon FIOS? I think there have been some issues with that. If not, cable or DSL? Static or Dynamic? Also what type of router?

I'm not a good one to answer since I don't have an IPTV and just a basic understanding of networking. But just on a lark, if you are knowledgeable about networks perhaps you might try setting a permanent port for the IPTV's MAC address?

Sorry for the lack of further details... I wasn't sure what the response would be as I am new to this forum. I have DSL (local provider and an excellent one at that, but not Verizon) with I believe is a dynamic IP address (I think static ones cost extra) and my router is a Linksys BEFSX41. We've tried setting the IPTV box IP on the Gaming port settings and that didn't help.

Does anybody happen to know if you have to use a router for IPTV? I'm thinking that if not perhaps it would be possible to connect directly to the modem just to eliminate the router as the issue.

Perhaps it doesn't work that way, especially if there's no way to enter the ISP username and password needed on some systems. But worth a shot I guess. What's there to lose?

If you do try this remember to remove power from the modem for a minute after the hard wire connection is made because it needs to be reset.

Does anybody happen to know if you have to use a router for IPTV? I'm thinking that if not perhaps it would be possible to connect directly to the modem just to eliminate the router as the issue.

Perhaps it doesn't work that way, especially if there's no way to enter the ISP username and password needed on some systems. But worth a shot I guess. What's there to lose?

If you do try this remember to remove power from the modem for a minute after the hard wire connection is made because it needs to be reset.

Scroll / Dave,

I'm under the impression that you do need a router. However the SA IPTV manual says you can hook it up directly to a cable modem (but not direct to a DSL modem). I tried hooking up directly to my cable modem first...and it didn't work. My wireless router is 5+ years old, and have it connected to the IPTV receiver via ethernet cable.

It's worked quite well since 3/26 when i received my receiver unit.

Kevin

I just thinking of possibilities....

what is your DSL speed?

what ports does your independent DSL provider block? (all ISPs block some ports)

does that coincide with the port that the SA IPTV receiver uses?

Trying to help,

Kevin

When I hooked up the installation, at my parents house, I had to go into the router and tell it to use G band only. The set top box was locking up on the "WEP" entry page and never going home. Once the router setting was changed, the set top box began working.

When I hooked up the installation, at my parents house, I had to go into the router and tell it to use G band only. The set top box was locking up on the "WEP" entry page and never going home. Once the router setting was changed, the set top box began working.

The OP's router is not wireless. It is a 4 port, hard wired ethernet router.

I plugged in my first IPTV box directly to the router, and it had some issues, but they were quickly resolved by Sky Angel tech support.

I plugged in my second IPTV box directly to the router, and it worked instantly.

Wired is more reliable than wireless, less prone to errors. Having said that, wireless ought to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts