Unable to "go back" to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Rennie

Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
Lowville, NY
Am I the only one or is anyone else having problems returning to the forum list after reading a thread? I'm not having this problem with any other forum sites. It just started for me the past day or so. I go into the site, find and select a thread to read, then when I try to "go back", I go nowhere. I have to go back to my "Favorites" and reload the site. :confused:

Were you following a thread that linked to a different part of the forum? Like this one. You started it in the Dish forum. Scott moved it to the Operations forum. Thus, there is no link to go back to the Dish forum at the bottom of the page. What you need to do is use the "back" button in your browser to go back to the Dish forum.

Nope, it's happened on every thread. Using the "back" arrow is what's not working. I'll try clearing the cache. Sorry 'bout thread placement, my bad.. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been having that problem for a couple weeks, I just click on the Satellite Guys logo in top left. It is some piece of garbage on this site that will change again.

My back button in IE 8 wants to send me to Face Book in some threads (not all). I have never been to Face Book nor do I want to. Cleaned cache but still same. It only occurs at Satelliteguys

Thanks

The Facebook feature is built into the version of vBulleyin we are using, it is no an add on that was installed as an add on. So I have no control over it unfortunately.

I've had this problem for weeks also. If I click on the "back" button multiple times, and we're talking 10 or more sometimes, eventually it works. I do not have this problem on any other web site.

I would try a different browser and see if that helps.

In the past week we have served over 400,000 unique IP addresses and out of those 400,000 people only two people are reporting the issue.

Wish I had a better answer for you as we have made no changes. I was planning on upgrading to the new vBulletin 4.20 which fixes a number of things (including some Facebook stuff) but with the DIRECTV / VIACOM fight our traffic is up and I don't want to take the site down to update, plus the update will force me to make a new header and navigation bar as our current bar is not compatable with the new 4.20.

On IE9 the facebook fills up the back history. That is why I switched to chrome. Each thread you read in a forum adds one static facebook to your history. So, if you read 5 threads you have to hit back 6 times to get out of the forum.

Just because people do not take the time to complain does not mean that they are not annoyed by the bug. If you remember I posted a thread on this a while back...

It hasn't been reported in a long while. And I am using IE 9 here at work and am not seeing the issue.

As I said the Facebook Connect feature is a built in part of the vBulletin software. Not something I added on. Perhaps when I do the 4.20 update it will help. :)

I have just gotten used to repeatedly clicking the back button--just thought it was my computer. Glad to know it's not me (for a change). :D

I don't see the facebook issue but I do see that the AppNexus ad site that SatGuys uses creates trap pages by quickly reloading ads so you can't back out of the page. In IE click the drop down arrow next to the back/forward buttons and you will see something like ib.adnxs.com/tt?id=825678 repeated over and over. The longer you sit on a page the deeper the "trap" gets.

A member told me that the problem happens in IE9 when you have use SSL turned on in your Facebook settings.

I have enabled SSL on my Facebook account and still have not seen the issue, but I will keep trying. :)

I still have not been able to replicate this issue, and I am hoping that last nights software update fixed it. (I got my fingers crossed)

So how are things? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts