Unable to receive OTA for Dallas area (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Texas

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 26, 2003
Burbs of Dallas Texas
I have had VIP622 for well over a year. Now all of a sudden I am unable receive OTA for my locals. It has worked fine in the past. I double checked my antenna and all is fine there. It is a direct connect from OTA antenna to the receiver.

Does anyone know if the tuner for OTA can fail?

I did a "check switch" and got a error that I am expercing "DRFITING". Does the switch play a roll the OTA.

Thanks for any advice.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Indy
Have you tried to connect your antenna directly to your TV? If it works, re-hook to 622 and rescan your locals. Make sure your analog setting is for off-air, not cable. If still no go, call Dish. It has been reported to happen.

Kevin_Texas

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 26, 2003
Burbs of Dallas Texas
I will try hooking directly to TV. I have already tried scan locals but was unable to find.

Man I hate having to call Dish but it looks like that is where I am headed.

Thanks

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Indy
I will try hooking directly to TV. I have already tried scan locals but was unable to find.

Man I hate having to call Dish but it looks like that is where I am headed.

Thanks
Again, want you to be sure next time you try scanning, that your HDTV analog setting is Off Air, NOT cable.

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
have you tried rebooting? my old 921 would lose the digital OTA on occasion & that's what it needed... also, have you tried manually adding the OTA instead of scanning? That used to work for the 921 also, delete the channel, then add manually & the signal would be back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)