Unable to Record OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hankster211

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
knoxville TN
I have 2 VIP 612's with a OTA winegard antenna connected to them. For a year, all has been well with recording OTA until about a month ago when both receivers started doing the following:

I program to record an OTA channel and at the time specified the red record light comes on.

If I go to the guide and view the listing it will show the record icon, However the program doesn't show up in "My Recordings".

This problem is the same on both receivers, and it started at the same time.

I presented this scenario to Dish Technical Support, and they sent me a new VIP 612 to see if it fixed the problem.

The new receiver acted exactly the same, so I called Dish and they put me in touch with Advanced Technical Support.

This rep wrote down all the symptoms, I've just mentioned and said he would turn it over to engineering, and maybe they could send a patch or something.

after 5 days, still not recording. Any Ideas?

Other Info:

I have re-booted many times.

I have a good solid ota signal and I can watch these ota channels, but cannot record.

When I am watching and the receiver indicates it's recording, but actually it is not....then...

....the live viewing is interruped every minute or so, by a blank screen that lasts for 3 or 4 seconds.

It doesn't matter whether I program to record, or I press record while watching Live OTA, the same problem occurs.

Appreciate any thoughts you might have

No thoughts, other than a couple of questions. Does your disk space drop because of these phantom recordings? Are you nearing the capacity of the disk? Do you have 20 recordings of the same show already?

No thoughts, other than a couple of questions. Does your disk space drop because of these phantom recordings? Are you nearing the capacity of the disk? Do you have 20 recordings of the same show already?

I have plenty of disk space available on both receivers. Do Not have 20 recordings of same show. Didn't think to see if disk space drops accordingly with phantom recording.......I'll check that tonight.

I have plenty of disk space available on both receivers. Do Not have 20 recordings of same show. Didn't think to see if disk space drops accordingly with phantom recording.......I'll check that tonight.
When the "phantom Recording" is recording as described earlier, Available Disk space does NOT drop.