Unable to view WPIX Channel 919 on ViP 211z

WayneG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Lexington, KY
I recently added a ViP 211z and I am unable to view channel WPIX 919. I can get it on my 722k. As far as I can tell this is the only channel I can't view on the 211z? Any suggestions as to what might be going on? Thanks!

I have a 211z and I am not impressed. Pull the card for one minute. Then perform a switch check. Have the same issues with different channels

Chris in my case it said no signal. The signal on the transponder was 84. This receiver to me is bad. Sometimes it drops a sat and it has to be reset a lot

Thanks for your replies. I tried pulling the card and performing the check switch but that did not work. I do not get an error message when selecting that channel instead it goes to channel 890 the MLB extra innings promo channel. The channel just doesn't show up in the guide (My Channels or All Channel guides). Channel 919 is on the 61.5 satellite and I receive other channels on the 211z from that satellite. Thanks in advance for any other suggestions.

Thanks for your replies. I tried pulling the card and performing the check switch but that did not work. I do not get an error message when selecting that channel instead it goes to channel 890 the MLB extra innings promo channel. The channel just doesn't show up in the guide (My Channels or All Channel guides). Channel 919 is on the 61.5 satellite and I receive other channels on the 211z from that satellite. Thanks in advance for any other suggestions.

The only option is to call Dish and have them re-authorities the box

I had Dish re-authorize the 211z and it still didn't show the channel. The Dish representative looked at my package and locals and said that it was not an available channel. So is the national CW (WPIX) no longer available for my local market (Lexington, KY). If so, then did my old receiver (the 722k) somehow didn't get the signal to deauthorize it? Anyone else in the Lexington market receiving channel 919? Thanks!

That should actually be channel 916.

Check to make sure channel locks are not on for that channel

WPIX is a local to NYC channel it is part of a package whose name I forget, DISH no longer offers but has grandfathered for those who already had it. IT includes WWOR, KTLA, WSBK and a Denver station, all in SD.

WPIX is a local to NYC channel it is part of a package whose name I forget, DISH no longer offers but has grandfathered for those who already had it. IT includes WWOR, KTLA, WSBK and a Denver station, all in SD.
WPIX is also a CW that DISH gives to areas that do NOT have a local CW in Eastern/Central time zones.

and, when you changed your receiver, your grandfathering went away.
The OP did not change receivers he added one which does not make grandfathering go away.
The new receiver should get the same programming as the other one on the OP account.

Reactions: Tampa8
Thanks again for your replies. I guess I will learn to live without it on that receiver. I did at least get a free PPV certificate out of the deal.

Superstation package. I have subbed to it since day one in 1997.
I am not sure if this pack is available to new subs.
I won't give it up as I want to keep WWOR and WPIX.....The Mets are on WPIX 30 times. Plus I get to watch the news from back home.

Reactions: Tampa8
Superstation package. I have subbed to it since day one in 1997.
I am not sure if this pack is available to new subs.
I won't give it up as I want to keep WWOR and WPIX.....The Mets are on WPIX 30 times. Plus I get to watch the news from back home.
As the Mets are in first this year, as an old Queens native living in Florida I'm glad I kept it as well. Though why WPIX had to clutter things up with the Yankees I'll never know.

I had Dish re-authorize the 211z and it still didn't show the channel. The Dish representative looked at my package and locals and said that it was not an available channel. So is the national CW (WPIX) no longer available for my local market (Lexington, KY). If so, then did my old receiver (the 722k) somehow didn't get the signal to deauthorize it? Anyone else in the Lexington market receiving channel 919? Thanks!
Does your market have a local CW affiliate? If not, I would suggest adding a dish aimed at the 119 satellite to see if you can get channel 919 or 916 from that satellite.

Lexington KY does have a CW station, and DISH does carry it. It appears to be a sub channel of the CBS channel, and is Channel 28.

Did you check channel 8104 or 234 to see if they gave you WPIX at that location? (Don't think WPIX is at channel 919, it's 916 and on WA only, not EA)

Last edited:
Thanks, Tampa. I tried using "The List" before I posted, but, for some reason, it was not working for Lexington, KY at that time. It looks like it has been fixed now. I knew that Lexington is on EA, but I also suspected that the standard-def feeds might still be available on WA, and "The List" confirms that they are on the 110 satellite. That is why I suggested using the 119 satellite, since WPIX is a standard-def fill-in distant station. Some markets still get WPIX in addition to their local CW, especially if the local channel was just recently added. Some markets get WPIX on channel 919 instead of 916, but 919 isn't labelled WPIX in the guide; it is labelled "CW" instead. I do not know what the difference is between the two feeds, if any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)