Uncle Earl stopping over late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
So uncle Earl is coming over late this evening and will be staying around till mid morning throwing a party, as to how big a party it will be depends on Earls mood but so far he has had small personal gatherings but who knows what he'll bring to town since its a holiday weekend. I can tell you that many of the local residents have bought up a great deal of snacks and munchies and drinks in preparation for the party and it took me a while to get my groceries this morning but there was plenty duct tape to be found for last minute securing of the chimney.:D

I'm ~30 miles away from the coast here in eastern Mass. Should be okay. Wind and rain. Nothing too serious, I hope.

So uncle Earl is coming over late this evening and will be staying around till mid morning throwing a party, as to how big a party it will be depends on Earls mood but so far he has had small personal gatherings but who knows what he'll bring to town since its a holiday weekend. I can tell you that many of the local residents have bought up a great deal of snacks and munchies and drinks in preparation for the party and it took me a while to get my groceries this morning but there was plenty duct tape to be found for last minute securing of the chimney.:D

Hope all goes well. Becareful dude. Keep us posted.

They're ( weather channel ) are saying that it looks more probable that Earl's going to have a raver over the Nantucket and Marthas Vineyard neighborhoods before it hits NS head on. It's predicted to be a cat 2 when it hits Nantucket. I'll be up overnight getting shots, might go down to the beach front to catch some shots or head down to say hey to Stephanie Abrahms in Kill Devil Hills tomorrow if she is still around.

Well this is as about as exciting as it all got.

This is from the same area that I posted pics of from last November when the barge was grounded. What sand that was lost this time was superficial for the most part other than about 20ft or so washed away. The pier took no damage that I could see and none of the homes on the barrier sustained anymore damage than you would get from a typical strong inland storm. Winds peaked at about 43 miles an hour and flooding was minor everywhere as was power loss and one or two tree's down here and there.

The next two storms are not going to be a problem given their tracking and fizzling out so it looks like the rest of the month will be peaceful hopefully. Going over the house the day before I found that I have more work to do than I had thought so I will have some work to do over the fall and winter to things such as the chimney and every ceiling in the whole house now

Attachments

• P8010013.JPG
    P8010013.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 160
  • P8010031.JPG
    P8010031.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 153
  • P8010039.JPG
    P8010039.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 160
  • P8010015.JPG
    P8010015.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts