Uncompressed Audio from Analog Outs

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Guys. I have the HTR540 Onkyo AV Receiver. It has analog out's for audio, but I have no experience with this. I have always used optical or coaxial for my sound. Exactly how does this work. Are there options to set in the menu. I would assume you use RCA cables of some sort to connect the HDDVD/Bluray to the AV receiver. Do you all know of some type of guide or can you posssibly explain how this works.

Also I am only asking this b/c tonight is the first time I have ever heard DTS ES Distrete. AND IT IS AMAZING. Only a few DVD's have it and my roommate started talking about gladiator and got it from his room. When I saw the DTS ES, I freaked. I have never heard sound that good. Im glad i finally got to use my HTS to its ability. I like DD EX also, but it does not compare to this DTS.

I can't offer any assistance with your particular receiver though it should be explained in your manual. With my Denon AVR3805 I need to select EXT IN for the multichannel analog input.

You will want six well shielded quality audio cables for a 5.1 setup. I have a 5.1 speaker setup so I bought three pairs and plugged them into the analog outputs on my Toshiba A-1 and then connected them to the appropriate analog audio inputs on my Denon. Make sure that you get good cables for the best result.

The Dolby Digital Plus sounds great with this setup and the True HD, on HD-DVD titles that offer it, is the absolute best sound I've ever heard from any film on my Paradigms.

I hope that helps out a little. Good luck and have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)