Under the Dome

So is this season already in the can as I would have guessed? I would think that the filming for this season 1 was over before this decision was made so the outcome for season 1 was already determined.

Also, looks like Stephen King is going to do some writing for season 2. At least the premier.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/07/under-dome-season-2-king/

Bad news for the citizens of Chester’s Mill: They’re not going to escape from Under the Dome any time soon. CBS has renewed the television adaptation of Stephen King’s novel about a small town trapped under a mysterious dome for a second season, and announced that King himself will write the season opener.

I'm almost sorry to see it got renewed. The story line is easy to be dealt with for a signal season and to wrap up. Extending it to a 2nd season and beyond makes it near impossible to sustain a plot, without it spiraling into boring repetition with no direction (ala, Lost).

You gonna quit watching the Reality shows as well then ?
AH! never watch them.
I could watch DOME if I know a conclusion is a few episodes away. I just don't have the patience to watch another show with no resolution in sight and ratings fall and show get axed.

AH! never watch them.
I could watch DOME if I know a conclusion is a few episodes away. I just don't have the patience to watch another show with no resolution in sight and ratings fall and show get axed.

I take it you never watched Smallville, Star Trek, Frasier, Seinfeld, or any other multi-year series...

I take it you never watched Smallville, Star Trek, Frasier, Seinfeld, or any other multi-year series...
With the exception of MAYbe Smallville for short multi-episode arcs, all the other series you mentioned have self-contained stories within each episode and they never relied on a long-reaching story arc (though there may have been some secondary stories in an arc). Series like Under the Dome don't. The dome asks the questions "where did it come from and who did it?" None of the other series you mentioned have that as the core questions.

I am sort of disappointed that it was renewed. I am even MORE disappointed that it had the possibility of renewal to begin with! I would have hoped this was a limited run series like "The Stand" or other "mini-series".

What I want most is resolution at the end of the series. Series like Heroes, Falling Skies, Jericho, and other series that set off to answer one set of questions but are ether not popular enough to stay on the air to the end or so popular they drag out the story and forget about the original questions make me leary of this type of series. I thought "Under the Dome" was a limited run series, otherwise I wouldn't have started watching it.

I hope Angie takes the deal,it would be an absurd joke to have her chained up in the bomb shelter for two seasons & counting.

I'm almost sorry to see it got renewed. The story line is easy to be dealt with for a signal season and to wrap up. Extending it to a 2nd season and beyond makes it near impossible to sustain a plot, without it spiraling into boring repetition with no direction (ala, Lost).

I think that Angie is the "Kenny('Oh my God,they killed Kenny')" of UTD. Will every episode be of her escaping,telling someone of her plight only to have them killed off later in the show,& then end up back in the hands of Big Jim & Junior? The old TV show,the Prisoner,comes to mind also,with the main character of that show always trying to escape & that big bubble/ball always chasing him & capturing him.....EVERY EPISODE.

AH! never watch them.

So you need to see the Movies instead of the Season long shows.

AH! never watch them.

Hmmm, seems like Revolution is doing quite well after some thought it should be done with as well. Rating for it are very good now.

Hmmm,surely the folks of Chester's Mill aren't in a dome purgatory?

With the exception of MAYbe Smallville for short multi-episode arcs, all the other series you mentioned have self-contained stories within each episode and they never relied on a long-reaching story arc (though there may have been some secondary stories in an arc). Series like Under the Dome don't. The dome asks the questions "where did it come from and who did it?" None of the other series you mentioned have that as the core questions.

I am sort of disappointed that it was renewed. I am even MORE disappointed that it had the possibility of renewal to begin with! I would have hoped this was a limited run series like "The Stand" or other "mini-series".

What I want most is resolution at the end of the series. Series like Heroes, Falling Skies, Jericho, and other series that set off to answer one set of questions but are ether not popular enough to stay on the air to the end or so popular they drag out the story and forget about the original questions make me leary of this type of series. I thought "Under the Dome" was a limited run series, otherwise I wouldn't have started watching it.

I think I notice a trend here.Tv viewers overall,are sick and tired of getting hooked on a show,then it getting the axe.So these days,instead of 25-30 episodes per season,we get 10-13.It sure is working well for several cable series.

I wish it was a mini-series too. ONE that was true to the book :) But since it isn't, I am fine with the story continuing. This week's episode got quite interesting.

I think I notice a trend here.Tv viewers overall,are sick and tired of getting hooked on a show,then it getting the axe.So these days,instead of 25-30 episodes per season,we get 10-13.It sure is working well for several cable series.

I also like the idea of starting a series with a plan, and an ending. A lot of them start out not knowing or planning for 4 years, or 20 years.

I know why the networks want to have continuing arcs in their series. It brings people back week after week. But things like this can be done in such a way as to have some resolution at the end of each season. Series like Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, Magic City, Vikings and others have a single story arc per season. They leave enough room for a continuation of the series, but there is a satisfying end each and every season (Except maybe the series finale of The Sopranos--but that's another argument). It's funny that cable series get the concept right, but networks just don't understand how to do it!

What the networks have done with series like Heroes, Lost, Flash Forward, Jericho, Falling Skies, etc is string people along with no resolution EVER. Then, when people get bored or frustrated at NEVER getting resolution or any sense of accomplishment, the series gets canceled and there is either an unsatisfying quickly-written end, or, more likely, no resolution whatsoever. NUTS!

This last episode was kind of cool; I didn't expect to see Rose meet her end. I liked how she provided a humanizing element to Big Jim. They pulled off the grocery riot well, different from the book of course, but in a way that still worked. I suspect I'll watch it again once it hits Amazon on Friday. As always higher def streaming than from Dish. Sad, actually. :)

This last episode was kind of cool; I didn't expect to see Rose meet her end. I liked how she provided a humanizing element to Big Jim. They pulled off the grocery riot well, different from the book of course, but in a way that still worked. I suspect I'll watch it again once it hits Amazon on Friday. As always higher def streaming than from Dish. Sad, actually. :)
Yes, I too was disappointed to see Rose gone so quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts