text-decoration: underline;
}
a:visited, body_avisited
{
color: #29166F;
text-decoration: underline;
}

those should be "none"

People have been begging me to make the links stand out more.

I tried in the past changing the color but it also changed the color of some of the other forum functions so I had to change it back.

Last night I found out how to have it underline the links so I tried that..

And got dizzy. :)

Back to the drawing board. :D

I was wondering how someone could even come up with the idea of "frozen mustard" - and then I realized it was only a step away from "frozen custard." Gotta be a way to mess with some little kid with that little letter change......;)

if you want them to stand out you could use hover which works with anchors.. you can use it to change the color, make it bold, etc when the mouse hovers over the link..

People have been begging me to make the links stand out more.
Thank you for trying. Links inside responses really don't stand out from the surrounding text or the bgcolor.

Maybe you could set up separate CSS rules

td.alt1 div a:link {}
td.alt1 div a:visited {}
td.alt1 div a:hover {}

<a> in a <div> that is in a <td class="alt1">

I think that would include reply text and the signature but exclude other links on this page. I don't know if that structure is repeated on other kinds of site pages (home, control panel, etc). It's also not tested and comes from someone still fumbling around with the basics of CSS.

Or, if it's possible, add a different class to links added through a submit box ( <a class="posted" href="#"> ), then have
.posted a:hover {}

Just looked at a couple other pages, and don't do this --> "td.alt1 div a:link {}"
Those selectors will also affect the list of threads and, on the home page, "Log out" in the User CP box and links in the News large center boxes.

If my second idea is do-able,

.posted a:link {text-decoration: underline;}

(or some other declaration in the {} ) will apply only to links in posts. That probably includes the front page News, but links could stand to look more like links there too.

This again?
I write pretty link-heavy posts, and those links do not stand out.
So, I manually underline them.
I don't consider that too much effort, and my problem is solved.

If you see a light blue word in one of my posts that's not underlined, it's probably something the forum auto-links to, and I couldn't care less that's not highlighted.
I particularly hate the fact that the word mount gets that treatment.
Talk about such a common word! What's next, dish? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)