Status
Not open for further replies.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
As a designer guy, this bugs me more out of principle than the actual problem, but it's worth pointing out. My work laptop is at 1024x768, and anyone else at this resolution should be seeing the same wraparound as the screenshots indicate.

If the point size of these buttons could be decreased just a few, it would be equally as functional, and a bunch more convenient IMO. Maybe bold the forums to help direct peeps to them a little easier, and draw attention to it (many will not even look up there, since it is habit to avoid banner-ad-type-spaces when browsing a page.

Just a suggestion!

I suspect perhaps these were tuned properly for this resolution originally, but the addition of Reviews, or at least the bold 'New!' before it was done without consideration to the peeps with the 'smaller' 1024 wide viewport.

Attachments

• SatelliteGuys Operations Center - SatelliteGuysUS.png
    SatelliteGuys Operations Center - SatelliteGuysUS.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 161
  • SatelliteGuysUS - Powered by vBulletin.png
    SatelliteGuysUS - Powered by vBulletin.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 217
Here's a simple solution: Join the Pub, and that tab will go away. :D

Seriously, the same thing happens to me when I have the browser in a less than maximized view.

These issues were all brought up when the tabs were first added. I do NOT run my browser full-screen but it's close. I have the "Donate $$$" wrapped down to a second row. It's poor design, IMO, but I've gotten used to it.

-- Home Page is redundant. The logo *directly* above it takes you there.
-- How often is the CHAT room open ? Does it justify a tab ?
-- I'm already a Pub member so I don't need to be reminded to "Donate $$$". If I want to give *more*, I won't because of that tab !

I agree on points 1 and 2 most definately Hall. As for the Donate $$$ tab, well I don't care either way, but on the couple times I have tried to donate again (before the tab) it was kind of hard to find the proper link for supporting members so that you didn't lose the status.

I just paypal to scott now when I donate again. Avoid any issues with losing the founder status.

The chat room is open all the time; just that people don't realize they can go in there to chat. We should take advantage of it more often.

I agree that the tabs can probably be a bit smaller. We can work on that.

Actually some changes are coming to the tabs... soon. :)

Stay tuned! :D

(And BTW the donate tab was added at the request of the supporters who wanted to donate more but did not want to lose their existing status.) :)

Actually some changes are coming to the tabs... soon.
Hmmm, something tells me that means more tabs... :(
(And BTW the donate tab was added at the request of the supporters who wanted to donate more but did not want to lose their existing status.)
I can't imagine that it needs a permanent tab though.... If people "requested" it, I'd think they used it, and it's not getting used anymore. Isn't there "Donate" links at the bottom of every page ??

at least AVS doesn't look like the dark ages anymore.
The changeover they made has been a fiasco.... They've (he) has been tweaking it since they made the switch. One would think you'd *test* it before making it public but it appears they forgot to try that.

There's still a lot of black though. It's like they only changed the "inside" or middle of the pages. I cracked on him once about this color choices and said something about I hope his wife lays his clothes out in the morning for him to wear vs him picking them out. :D

I thought the Logout tab was dropped shortly after you added them ?? There's a "Log out" link just below it.

Also, can the tabs be centered now that they fit better ??

You see where the (now) bigger gap is on the right-hand side ?? It was there... :D All the more reason now to center them. Many aspects of the page are currently centered and I think the tabs would look better that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)