UNIHD on

sonnyboy11

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2005
UHD has The Equalizer, huh? That's an excellent show. You know, I am really starting to get used to the HD content on Dish. I know they tend to have a low turnover as far as programming (Voom in particular), but what they do show I tend to like. Rave is going to start showing the new Queen concert next week. I dunno, I just like this stuff.

We spend a LOT of time trashing Dish around here. But the truth is they have the best HD content out there. I am very appreciative of them throwing up UHD for MPEG-2 receivers until I get my 622. Thank you Dish! (that wasn't so hard :))

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
If you compare this channel in these two providers (Dish Network & DirecTv) at first one ask the question, am I looking at the same channel? Universal HD looks very vibrant in color on Dish Network. On DirecTv it just looks soft and like someone is trying to hide its color. I give thumbs up to Dish for not messing around with it (like the competition). I can't wait to see BSG the way it was meant to be 1920x1080i.

BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Sean Mota said:
If you compare this channel in these two providers (Dish Network & DirecTv) at first one ask the question, am I looking at the same channel? Universal HD looks very vibrant in color on Dish Network. On DirecTv it just looks soft and like someone is trying to hide its color. I give thumbs up to Dish for not messing around with it (like the competition). I can't wait to see BSG the way it was meant to be 1920x1080i.

I hear ya on this one!! I have not seen this channel since VOOM. I kinda like it!! Also wish they would put the star-gates in HD!!

sonnyboy11

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2005
Last edited:
keenan

keenan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 3, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Sean Mota said:
I agree, I've been wondering what UNI-HD would look like from somewhere other than DirecTV and as you note, we have our answer, it looks a lot better on Dish. It's disgusting what DirecTV is doing to these channels.

wtb955

wtb955

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 2, 2006
Northern, CA
Feel the Vibes!

Maybe Dish will feel the subscriber vibes and keep UHD in MPEG2 until the 622 receiver isn't so much an "endangered Species!:D I love BSG in HD. I agree; can you say: Stargate SG-1 in HD?:p