Unimesh Declination screw assembly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vintagesports

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
PR
Anyone have a picture of how the declination bolts are fitted into the mount ring on a Unimesh 16 ft dish? Just need to see how that part of the antenna is mounted.
Thanks

I don't have a 16 footer but a 12 and 10. The 12 has the decination at the top with a slide plate with very lightly engraved numbers, my 10 footer has it at the bottom and I believe no numbers. Pouring rain and dark now, will take a picture tomorrow.

I don't have a 16 footer but a 12 and 10. The 12 has the decination at the top with a slide plate with very lightly engraved numbers, my 10 footer has it at the bottom and I believe no numbers. Pouring rain and dark now, will take a picture tomorrow.
Thanks Comptech, Mine has a slide plate, just want to verify if the screw that holds it goes somewhere in the slide plate or in the hole that is below that slideplate

Thanks Comptech, Mine has a slide plate, just want to verify if the screw that holds it goes somewhere in the slide plate or in the hole that is below that slideplate
Just reread my post - The Unimesh is a 12 footer not 16. Comptech any pics of that declination screw to mount will definitely help. Thanks

I still have a picture coming, my mother fell and broke her Pelvis and is the hospital. Had to go get her dog and bring her home with me and it was already dark and pouring down rain. Will try tomorrow.

• Sad
Reactions: primestar31
I still have a picture coming, my mother fell and broke her Pelvis and is the hospital. Had to go get her dog and bring her home with me and it was already dark and pouring down rain. Will try tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. Sending best wishes for a fast and full recovery.

Sorry to hear that Comptech, no worries. I hope she gets better soon.

Here you go. 20220312_151456[1].jpg

Who said trees were a problem? Off topic, but I can see 87W to 125W with this scenario.

Attachments

• 20210925_164654[1].jpg
    20210925_164654[1].jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20210925_173010[1].jpg
    20210925_173010[1].jpg
    611 KB · Views: 128
Thank you CompTech. What declintion angle does that equal to? I figure I must be doing something wrong. Here are pics pics of my setup. This equals to a declination of 2.72 degrees. Just looks to high compare with yours which should have a declination angle higher than that. I am in Puerto Rico.

Attachments

• declination 1.jpg
    declination 1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 113
  • declination 2.jpg
    declination 2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 109
Do you substract the declination offset angle to the latitude to obtain the elevation angle or the elevation angle equal to the latitude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the modified angles:
modified latitude angle + modified declination angle = total declination angle = (90 - total elevation angle)

or:
modified axis elevation angle - modified declination angle = total elevation angle

Is this what you wanted to know?

Or do you want to know the relation between the latitude angle and the modified latitude angle?

A33.

That is fine just wanted to be sure I was setting my total declination angle right
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)