Universal HD - Gone Next Week?

Does anyone know if UHD is going off for sure?

Does anyone know if UHD is going off for sure? That is off for MPEG2 users. The Olympics are over and I still get Univeral HD. :hungry:

My 942 shows that UNIHD will have a replay of the 2004 Athens Olympics on Wednesday. I wonder what happens if I program it now and the channel disappears before the timer fires?

swade said:
Does anyone know if UHD is going off for sure? That is off for MPEG2 users. The Olympics are over and I still get Univeral HD. :hungry:
It will be taken of the MPEG2 recievers, but when that is going to happen, I don't think any of us know.

Sean Mota said:
Look at a series like Monk which I liked. First season was made available on UHD but they have been running the same season for almost a year now. Where the heck are the other episodes for the other seasons? Does it take a year to do the transfer?

Monk on UHD is on the second season. This weeks episode will be Mr. Monk and the 12th Man the 9th episodes of the season and 22nd overall.

Sean Mota said:
I know this is way off Topic but the problem with Bravo HD + (used be called) and now Universal HD is that Universal has so much rights to movies and programming and yet we have to endure repeated programs for months and minimal new programming each months. Look at a series like Monk which I liked. First season was made available on UHD but they have been running the same season for almost a year now. Where the heck are the other episodes for the other seasons? Does it take a year to do the transfer? I do not think Universal HD is serious about HD. This is an experimental channel at best.

I don't think you're off topic at all. When I first heard about Universal HD, that's exactly what I thought - all the great Universal movies in HD but sadly I don't think that's the intent of the station at all.

Well, it's still on and that's a good thing. Maybe Dish is actually doing something positive for its 942 owners. It would be great if they would leave the channel up and running... time will tell.

Glad I got to see what I wasn't missing. Makes me feel even better about my decision not to upgrade right now. :smug

NightRyder

Foxbat said:
My 942 shows that UNIHD will have a replay of the 2004 Athens Olympics on Wednesday. I wonder what happens if I program it now and the channel disappears before the timer fires?

It won't record anything if they remove the channel. Remember, it's a mirror of the MP4 channel.

Tom Bombadil said:
NightRyder is not interested in watching Knight Rider in HD?
Like using your "Easy Button" to look for someone else's "Easy Button"... It messes with the fabric of the Universe.
Dishpointer said:
It won't record anything if they remove the channel. Remember, it's a mirror of the MP4 channel.
Yeah, I just wondered what the 942 would do with an event for a channel that no longer existed. Doesn't sound like a scenario that the programmers would have taken into account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)