Universal HD on Dish Network

ewhite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
This is my first post and I have a question. I just signed up to upgrade my 811 to a 211 receiver and get the new HD Package. It will be installed 4/26/06. One of the channels I am looking forward to getting is the Universal Hd channel. I was checking the guide on Dish Networks web site and all information for that channel end April 28th. Are they canceling that channel? Can anyone help with this question?

Thanks in advance.

ewhite,

welcome to the board. No the guide goes as far as the 28th... Tomorrow or Saturday it will go as far as the 29th... and so on... you get the point...

lakebum431 said:
I hope you are kidding. If you aren't please use google to figure this out. Before you ask, google is a search engine www.google.com :D

Everyone has to start somewhere....

You'd be surprised. Many buy standard DVDs and watch them on their HDTVs and think THAT is HD......

A large chunk of people only have a cable box and a SD CRT, that's it (some don't even have the box). They simply don't know or care about any of the advances over the last 10 years....

I was laughing and feeling kinda sad listening to howard yesterday being frustrated with HD. I really wanted to be there to help him out ;)

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just find it hard to believe that someone had the skills to find this site, but has never at least heard of HD.

Hey..don't be so hard on him it was his 3rd post and he is looking to get an education...not a dress down.

lakebum431 said:
Yeah, I guess you're right. I just find it hard to believe that someone had the skills to find this site, but has never at least heard of HD.

Don't apologize - I think your reply was hilarous. Either he was pulling our leg or he's now lost somewhere in google. Besides, you can't be too nice to these newbs or they'll never get tough enough to hang out here.:cool:

waltinvt said:
Besides, you can't be too nice to these newbs or they'll never get tough enough to hang out here.:cool:

I hope you are kidding about that. if he want's a real dress down he should go to DBSTALK. Here we are buds.

gutter said:
I hope you are kidding about that. if he want's a real dress down he should go to DBSTALK. Here we are buds.

Actually they tend to ignore me over there lately and that's no fun. If you really want a cold splash in the face, try the "pit". The person you think you know out here may be someone else entirely in there.:devil: