Universal HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackson85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Robinson, Illinois, United States
Next Month, Universal HD will be going off the air, not just with Dish, also Directv and many other Cable Companies. In its spot, the new Olympic Channel will be launched. I know that Directv and a few other cable Companies will have it on their Channel lineups, but what is Dish going to do? I love the Olympics/and the movement very much, and I am very passionate about it. I was upset, to see that USN another NBC Universal Channel was taken off of not only with Dish, but also Directv, meaning if Dish removed it, then I would of jumped ship to Directv. If Dish does not carry the Olympic Channel, then I might think again about jumping off the Dish ship to the Directv/ATT ship. So, what is Dish going to do? Will they replace it with the Olympic Channel or will it just be a darkened channel?

I guess it all comes down to their contract with NBC. Seems like a filler channel for the moment.
I like Dish, and I love the Hopper, but it does not sound like they will get, and I know that my contract is up with them possibly next year, then I will see if they have it. Now, Directv will be getting it next month, and if I do remember this, Directv also had USN before Dish.

Knowing Dish, they won't carry the Olympic Channel initially. Maybe later as part of a deal with Comcast or during an Olympic year.
Is it worth giving up Dish to jump ship and go to Directv over one Network? I am not sure. It is supposed to happen in July, and most of the time if one channel shuts down, then the replacement just shows up on Dish. Not so sure about this one!!!!

What do you show in a non Olympic year?..
Two major championships, one just concluded last Sunday, and the National Championships in Track/Field. The other got started last night, and it is the Summer Nationals in Swimming. Both will have World Championships later this summer. After that is over and more in October or Early November, not sure the Month, but FIS Skiing will begin a new season. That will go until March or April. FIS Skiing has produced a lot of American Stars. It may be on NBC Sports Network or the local NBC channels.

Knowing Dish, they won't carry the Olympic Channel initially. Maybe later as part of a deal with Comcast or during an Olympic year.

I agree 100% - I don't think Dish will carry it initially. The one thing that I wonder is that since NBC Universo last week was uplinked in HD, does that mean Dish recently had a deal with NBC/Comcast to add that in HD, and maybe given the timing, the Olympic Channel would have been bundled in? I don't think that would be the case since the Olympic Channel press release didn't mention Dish, but something to think about. The Olympic Channel would be a great addition to the multi-sport pack since Big10, Pac12 are now available nationally with AT120+ and NFL Network was added to AT120+.

I agree 100% - I don't think Dish will carry it initially. The one thing that I wonder is that since NBC Universo last week was uplinked in HD, does that mean Dish recently had a deal with NBC/Comcast to add that in HD, and maybe given the timing, the Olympic Channel would have been bundled in? I don't think that would be the case since the Olympic Channel press release didn't mention Dish, but something to think about. The Olympic Channel would be a great addition to the multi-sport pack since Big10, Pac12 are now available nationally with AT120+ and NFL Network was added to AT120+.
That was what Dish did with USN a few years back. They added in the Sports Package with USN, but they did not get it a few years after Directv. With my local channels, Dish got them before Directv. Odd how they make that call with channels, or if they think it is too expensive or not enough people will watch it. That was not the case with me and USN, because I am an Olympic Junkie, and enjoy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)