Universal Remote Codes for VIP 722 DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marvin.gardens

Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
The remote that Dish Network issued me with my Dish DVR (VIP722) doesn't begin to satisfy the normal functions on my TV and Panasonic DVD player/recorder.

So I'm looking for a "universal" remote, but don't know what code(s) to use on it, for the VIP 722 receiver/DVR. Anyone out there with suggestions? TANX!!

I am programming a new Vizio M550NV (55") TV and cannot find a code to use their universal remote to operate my Dish Network 722k. Does anybody know the correct code?

Thanks,

Phil

Or the Dish 21.0 learning remote, especially because of the My Recordings button inherent to Dish DVR remotes. But as suggested before, a Harmony event oriented remote is great.

I am programming a new Vizio M550NV (55") TV and cannot find a code to use their universal remote to operate my Dish Network 722k. Does anybody know the correct code?

Thanks,

Phil
Uncle google will help you with that.. meanwhile.. here is another post here at SatGuys ... where the poster had luck with one code.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/107663-vizio-42inch-lcd-dishnetwork-remote-code.html

You should also check the Vizio website. I have a Dynex TV and they had codes there that I finally found work (well enough) ...

To the OP .. would wonder what functions were in fact missing that were needed... basic stuff does well enough on mine .. but I'm on the Dynex TV & 722k receiver with a 20.0 IR. ... I can actually press the TV button and then hit the "Menu" button on the remote.. and get the menu screens of the TV up.. so would wonder what functions you're missing.. or which remote you had for dish. (turn over remote, is listed there usually)

The best cheap universal remotes by far are JP1 remotes. The RCA RCRP05B is a good one ($20 at best buy), but there are literally hundreds of models to choose from. It has Dish codes built in (0775, 1170, 1775), learning, macros on any button, volume punch thru, and can be programmed from your PC like harmony with an optional cable. The ability to program every possible command for any device without learning sets them apart from every other maker (URC, Sony, Philips, GE, etc.), even harmony. See the JP1 Wiki for more info.

It's going fine. Thanks for asking.

Some discretes can't be learned by harmony because there is nothing to learn from (except a JP1 remote). Case in point, DirecTV long press commands like slo-mo and skip-to-tick. Such commands can be added to JP1 remotes using individual command codes. The only other way to add them to harmony is using pronto hex which will cost you. Most Dish discretes are already in the logitech database, so the OP would be fine with harmony. I have harmony remotes too, but the most powerful and flexible cheap remotes are JP1. In fact I often have to use a JP1 remote to program my harmony. Lots of sony, panasonic and toshiba discretes are also missing from the logitech database and require a JP1 remote for teaching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)