Universal Sports - detailed programming info gone

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Universal Sports (which is an OTA sub-channel carried by many NBC stations) used to have detailed programming information in the on-screen guide (e.g. Giro d'Italia Cycling, US Mens Swimming) on my 722. However, yesterday it started showing just "Sports" which makes things like a Dish Pass worthless.

I believe this information actually comes from Dish (as opposed to getting it OTA) for any and all local stations. I tried contacting Dish but ran into a brick wall - "you need to rescan your local channels, that information comes from the local channel so you need to contact them". I don't think that is correct.

Any suggestions as to whom to contact on this issue?

Well, detailed guide info for all the paid advertising (each with their own little stupid title and info), etc., but not for the sports. Is this Universal Sprots' fault?

I believe The guide info comes from Tribune media.

Looking at the zap2it listings (which is Tribune Media's on-line service) I see the same info as Dish is now providing, with only some non sports shows (e.g. Safari Tracks) listed by name, the rest being just "Sports". TVGuide's on-line service is showing the correct programming information for the sports shows.

What I've done is to use the zap2it contact form to complain about the lack of detail for Universal Sports. I'm betting/hoping if that gets fixed it will also fix the issue with the Dish on screen guide.

Last edited:
The zap2it listings are now showing detailed information, and so is the Dish on-screen guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts