University of Miami at Dolphin Stadium?

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
How do you think they will do in regards to ticket sales now that they will be playing at Dolphin Stadium?

For those of you that don't know the layout, UM is basically on the south side of the city while the stadium is well to the north (almost in Broward County. I believe it is 16 miles between the two with heavy traffic in between. Undergraduate enrollment is about 9,000 students which is fairly small.

I have been to plenty of UM games at the Orange Bowl that looked empty and moving to the new stadium in my opinion will only make it tougher to sell tickets. On the positive side the opposing teams may be able to sell more tickets because it isn't quite as hostile of environment as the OB. I also can see that more alum and fans may go since it is a little easier to get to from the north but then I don't know how large the fan base is in Palm Beach or Broward Counties.

How do you think they will do in regards to ticket sales now that they will be playing at Dolphin Stadium?

For those of you that don't know the layout, UM is basically on the south side of the city while the stadium is well to the north (almost in Broward County. I believe it is 16 miles between the two with heavy traffic in between. Undergraduate enrollment is about 9,000 students which is fairly small.

I have been to plenty of UM games at the Orange Bowl that looked empty and moving to the new stadium in my opinion will only make it tougher to sell tickets. On the positive side the opposing teams may be able to sell more tickets because it isn't quite as hostile of environment as the OB. I also can see that more alum and fans may go since it is a little easier to get to from the north but then I don't know how large the fan base is in Palm Beach or Broward Counties.

I think they will draw even MORE because if you compare the two facilities...it is night and day! Friendlier, better services, better concessions and DEFINATELY better parking! Not to mention easier access before AND after all games. As much as I LOVED the old Orange Bowl, the facilities at Dolphin Stadium...when it comes to FOOTBALL....is 100% better.

As an Alumni, I think it's a good move. Orange Bowl was crap when I went to UM 95-00, not to mention the location of the stadium. It was almost as bad as when the basketball games were at the Miami Arena right off the metro. Those were some bad areas. I am sure UM will have shuttle service setup for students, just as they did when the games were at the Orange Bowl. Show them your Cane Card and you are good to go!

As an Alumni, I think it's a good move. Orange Bowl was crap when I went to UM 95-00, not to mention the location of the stadium. It was almost as bad as when the basketball games were at the Miami Arena right off the metro. Those were some bad areas. I am sure UM will have shuttle service setup for students, just as they did when the games were at the Orange Bowl. Show them your Cane Card and you are good to go!

Nice to see Alumni respond!

OB was a hole. I always hated going there!!

Ticket market will suck now. What could have to do with both teams stinking up the field! I quit buying extra FSU vs. UM tickets a few years back. I couldn't give them away.

Can't wait for the FSU vs. UM game in October!!

GO NOLES!

OB was a hole. I always hated going there!!

Ticket market will suck now. What could have to do with both teams stinking up the field! I quit buying extra FSU vs. UM tickets a few years back. I couldn't give them away.

Can't wait for the FSU vs. UM game in October!!

GO NOLES!

A hole with GREAT AURA and memories....it was time to move on. I am UM fan that went to FSU.....

...don't ask....long story...and I am sober..... :no:(:eek:

Nothing can beat the view of looking out the open end of the horseshoe of the Orange Bowl at the lights of Miami Beach........ well nothing but Touchdown Jesus ;)

Didn't they sell out all the games at the Orange Bowl? If so then why wouldn't they do the same at Dolphin Stadium.

Didn't they sell out all the games at the Orange Bowl? If so then why wouldn't they do the same at Dolphin Stadium.

They didn't even come close. I don't have exact numbers but UM would usually only sell out the "big" games. Most of the time you could go down there and pick up tickets at the box office just before the game or wait until the game started and buy them cheap off of a scalper. They are a fairly small school playing in a good size stadium. The OB smelled bad, was tough to find concessions and generally isn't considered to be in the best part of town, all of which didnt work in favor of the school selling out.

Well then they probably won't do any better in the new Stadium. Seems surprising that they don't sell out. I mean Kentucky has had some awful teams and they are in the top 10 in attendance every year.

Well then they probably won't do any better in the new Stadium. Seems surprising that they don't sell out. I mean Kentucky has had some awful teams and they are in the top 10 in attendance every year.

Not really, Dolphin Stadium can be setup to be from a stadium holding approx. 50,000 to 70,000. The facilities is just better. IF your Wildcats played in a stadium with crappy parking and in the condition this stadium was in....I doubt they would be in the top 200 for attendance....

...and I LOVED this stadium, but THAT was the condition this was in.

South Florida is terrible at supporting their sports teams. Going to a football game down here is nothing like going to games in other parts of the country.

Hancox... I go up to at least 1 or 2 games at ND every year, if you are going then let me know and I will help out with a list of must do's.... I am sure that people have had bad experiences when visiting but most people leave saying it was one of the best experiences they have had. I may even go to that game

Not really, Dolphin Stadium can be setup to be from a stadium holding approx. 50,000 to 70,000. The facilities is just better. IF your Wildcats played in a stadium with crappy parking and in the condition this stadium was in....I doubt they would be in the top 200 for attendance....

...and I LOVED this stadium, but THAT was the condition this was in.

Well Commonwealth Stadium isn't the greatest and sometimes you have to park miles away and walk to the stadium because there is nowhere to park.

LAST SEASON??!! It was renamed that when they fired TY.....they have been THAT since....:rolleyes:

I thought ND went to a BCS bowl in 2005 and 2006. Didn't know that a BCS bowl could be made if you went 3 and out every time you get the ball.

Yes I agree...ND sucked bad last year. Feel sorry for the D. It seems like it was 3 and out everytime they got the ball.

Anyway I digress... this is a thread about UM and I have been guilty of posting OT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)