Univision on Galaxy 17 91W, low signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
I have my miniBud aimed at Galaxy 17 and was able to watch the CW channels and Univision. I had a stronger signal on the Univision TP than the CW one. But after being away for 2 weeks, I have 0 quality on the Univision TP, where previously I had 50%. The quality on the CW is the same as before, 30%.
Did the signal strength drop on the Univision TP or is it just my setup?
Now with loosing TV Azteca and Telemundo's low signal issues, I need some more Spanish stuff.
Iceberg thought that I would not be able to get the Unision channels on Anik F3 with my setup, and probably the same for Univision on Galaxy 3. As far as I know, these are the only Univision options out there as far as FTA goes.

Thanks.

UNivision on G3 is very strong so it might work

4167 V 6617 is the transponder....its worth a shot

UNivision on G3 is very strong so it might work

4167 V 6617 is the transponder....its worth a shot

Thanks for the info Ice! I get signal, but it breaks up a lot. I will try to fine tune, and maybe I get enough signal.

If you want spanish!check out satmex6 c 113W some stations you mentioned here are also there and in HD!

I will give this one a try as well. I have planning on going HD in the near future. I want to set up a Linux computer for that.

Thanks for the help!

Re the G-17 signal, you might try varying the frequency up or down by 1 MHz. There are signals to either side of that signal, and if your LNBF has drifted even a little bit, your receiver might be grabbing onto one of the other transponders.
I just tried with one of my receivers, and I couldn't lock the channel at all when on the proper frequency, but if I went just 1 MHz up in freq, I got a VERY strong lock.

Re the G-17 signal, you might try varying the frequency up or down by 1 MHz. There are signals to either side of that signal, and if your LNBF has drifted even a little bit, your receiver might be grabbing onto one of the other transponders.
I just tried with one of my receivers, and I couldn't lock the channel at all when on the proper frequency, but if I went just 1 MHz up in freq, I got a VERY strong lock.
That is an interesting observation. Which receiver was this you tried it on? I believe, your starting point was 4007H 2480SR 3/4 FEC as stated on Lyngsat? I will try it when I get the chance.

That is an interesting observation. Which receiver was this you tried it on? I believe, your starting point was 4007H 2480SR 3/4 FEC as stated on Lyngsat? I will try it when I get the chance.

I THINK I was using my Genpix at the time, and yes I tried first at 4007, and it wouldn't lock, then I tried 4008 and got a >14dB lock. This happens very often for me when there are signals close to each other. There is The Word a bit higher , and some unidentifed signal interfering on the low side, so I think you need to start in the right place or the receiver may tend to go to the wrong freq.

Is the 2480SR I listed above the right one?

That's the correct SR. I checked that out this morning with the SW method.

I have my miniBud aimed at Galaxy 17 and was able to watch the CW channels and Univision. I had a stronger signal on the Univision TP than the CW one. But after being away for 2 weeks, I have 0 quality on the Univision TP, where previously I had 50%. The quality on the CW is the same as before, 30%.
Did the signal strength drop on the Univision TP or is it just my setup?
Now with loosing TV Azteca and Telemundo's low signal issues, I need some more Spanish stuff.

Thanks.
I did some testing last night with my MiniBud and this is what I found:
The AZBox Elite wouldn't lock the signal after I added the Frequency 4008H 2480SR not matter if I went up or down from 4007H frequency. I then scanned with the DVB World USB 2104D. It logged the transponder, 4008H 2480SR and and 7/8 FEC, but wouldn't display video. To display video I had to manually edit a channel (video was breaking up very badly and very unstable). I noticed that the quality meter was fluctuating between 0 and 50%. :( The Coolsat 5000 had a steady 66% quality, but no video was displayed. I then tested on the Viewsat Ultra, it scanned in at a steady 25% quality, but video was barely displayed and breaking up. I think the reduction or loss of quality signal from that transponder could be because, the FEC has changed from 3/4 to 7/8.

I did some testing last night with my MiniBud and this is what I found:
The AZBox Elite wouldn't lock the signal after I added the Frequency 4008H 2480SR not matter if I went up or down from 4007H frequency. I then scanned with the DVB World USB 2104D. It logged the transponder, 4008H 2480SR and and 7/8 FEC, but wouldn't display video. To display video I had to manually edit a channel (video was breaking up very badly and very unstable). I noticed that the quality meter was fluctuating between 0 and 50%. :( The Coolsat 5000 had a steady 66% quality, but no video was displayed. I then tested on the Viewsat Ultra, it scanned in at a steady 25% quality, but video was barely displayed and breaking up. I think the reduction or loss of quality signal from that transponder could be because, the FEC has changed from 3/4 to 7/8.
Thanks for the testing. I am using a Viewsat Utra receiver, but my quality goes up to just under 20% but constantly drops to 0%, and of course, don't get video or audio at all. I was starting to blame it on the LNB, but now that I see your post, it makes sense. I also tried changing the frequency from 4007 to 4008, but the results were the same.
I think I am going to try the Unvision channels on G3 again, and fine tune a bit more, maybe I can get it to work. I will also to a test on SatMex 6 and see what I get.

Thanks to Iceberg, stanleyjohn, B.J. and Babadem. Your help is much appreciated!

This forum is filled with friendly users!

Ftamart, if spanish stuff is what you need try Hispasat@30w. The cuban channels will be showing great movies all this week.

Unfortunately Hispasat 30W is to far east for me. I tried 43W once because there is a Televisa channel from Chihuahua (possibly Juárez), but can't get it here.
I am going to play some more, hopefully I can get Univisión to work.

I just checked to confirm FEC and it is indeed 7/8 now. used to be 3/4 so I guess it makes it harder for mini BUD projects. BTW signal is still strong 99% if AUTO FEC is selected and above 95 if 7/8 FEC is selected (the CS8100 does that , it shows different quality for FECS other than 3/4 if Auto is selected). The word network is still 99% strong on that bird too on my motorised 6 footer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)