Unknown Ku dish with possibly bent LNBF arm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hwm, do know what the offset of this dish is? It seems like it could be 10 degrees. When the angle meter shows 50, the dish scale shows 40.

The offset angle on my BJU dish is 17.5 degrees as I measure it.

Mine is aimed at 83w. The calculated elevation for my location is 27.5 degrees. The actual setting on the dish elevation scale is also 27.5. I put a straight edge across the dish face vertically, and checked the angle with an inclinometer, the reading is 10 degrees from plumb. The difference between the actual face angle of the dish and the calculated look angle is 17.5. This is the offset angle.

The elevation scale on mine is spot-on accurate. If your mounting pole is plumb, yours should be too.

Thank you!

So it's 10 degrees from plum, that's what I wanted to verify. I shouldn't have called it 'offset', sorry. Makes me wonder why the elevation scale is marked 10 degrees off on the dish. I guess I would have to compensate for that, when raising the dish.:confused:

P.s. I started a little project last weekend to make my custom dish stand. I am going to use water heater drip pan, fill it with concrete (with armature) and permanently install stainless bolts in it, to hold the foot. I think the pan will take a couple of 60lb bags, so it will be nice and heavy when it's done. And maybe, even eye-pleasing :) The dish and all the parts have already been repainted.

The offset angle on my BJU dish is 17.5 degrees as I measure it.

Mine is aimed at 83w. The calculated elevation for my location is 27.5 degrees. The actual setting on the dish elevation scale is also 27.5. I put a straight edge across the dish face vertically, and checked the angle with an inclinometer, the reading is 10 degrees from plumb. The difference between the actual face angle of the dish and the calculated look angle is 17.5. This is the offset angle.

The elevation scale on mine is spot-on accurate. If your mounting pole is plumb, yours should be too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.