unmountable_boot-volume ??

ksat1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
We have an older Dell desktop w/ XP, that was just used as a second computer for the kids to mess with. It hadn't been connected to the internet for a couple years, but we just got wireless internet service yesterday, and I had them run a cable to it. All seemed fine, high speed internet was working great, until tonight when one of the kids turned it on. It won't boot up normally, gets to a screen giving you different boot options; multiple Safe Modes, Last Working Configuration, Normal,...

All end in the same result, a blue screen with "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT-VOLUME

Blah, blah, blah....."

Two events to consider:
1). Ran Windows Update last evening, and it downloaded & installed 54 of them. I didn't see it finish, but my daughter said once it made through, she rebooted, used it for a while, then shut it down. So, seemed to work fine immediately after updates.

2). We had a power outage during the night last night. It surged on & off for just a couple seconds for three cycles, then went out for about 2 hours. We have an older surge protector on it, not sure how good.

Anyway, computer turns on, but can't get beyond the blue error screen no matter what I try.

HELP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)