Unneed wing after EA

EricBskiVT

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
I just got an Eastern Arc update with a 1000.4, but the tech insisted I needed a 110 wing dish also. I've discovered this is not true and I am not getting any channels off 110 (I am an HD customer). The EA and wing dishes are mounted on separate ground posts with cabling running underground between them and to the house. If I wanted to eliminate the wing, can I just disconnect at the wing LNB and cut the cable where it goes underground, or do I need to cap it, or will this just cause problems? It is just a matter of aesthetics near the back of the house.

remove from switch

I just got an Eastern Arc update with a 1000.4, but the tech insisted I needed a 110 wing dish also. I've discovered this is not true and I am not getting any channels off 110 (I am an HD customer). The EA and wing dishes are mounted on separate ground posts with cabling running underground between them and to the house. If I wanted to eliminate the wing, can I just disconnect at the wing LNB and cut the cable where it goes underground, or do I need to cap it, or will this just cause problems? It is just a matter of aesthetics near the back of the house.

Disconnect it from the switch where it is going into the system. If it is input on the 1000.4 then just disconnect it there then run ck switch and see if everything is fine if so then you can remove it from the LNB on the 2nd dish and pull the 2nd dish.

Will there be any peaking issues as a result of removing the 1000.4 LNB to disconnect the wing dish input? I am assuming it connects to the back of the LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)