Unreal Reality Television

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
Which of the so-called "Reality" TV Shows do you find to be the most heavily scripted?

Currently, 2 of the worst have to be, Hardcore Pawn and The Devils Ride.

I can't for the life of me say why I watch Hardcore Pawn, but I do. I know the drama is mostly all scripted but I sometimes find myself getting all worked up over the owners, employees and customers antics. Unlike Pawn Stars, there are rarely any items brought in of any interest. You also don't get the historical back stories that you get with Pawn Stars. They are both guilty of being heavily scripted, but at least Pawns Stars is kinda funny.

The Devils Ride is the worst of the current crop IMO. This show is utterly unbelievable from start to finish. If it weren't for the fact that it is set in my old stomping grounds I might skip it (or not) :eek:.

P.S. After just writing and then reading what I just wrote, I will be deleting Hardcore Pawn from my list when I get home tonight. Baby Steps:)

Last edited:
My question is this.Are there any so called reality shows that aren't scripted?I honestly don't think so,one more reason why I despise them.The only one I can truly watch in limited quantities is Duck Dynasty.

All the repo shows on Trutv, are highly scripted and have extremely poor acting.

HEY NOW!

Op repo is goofy and most of it is actually the same "repos" they did on the Spanish version (Operacion Repo) of earlier seasons. The other day I saw it on Mun2 (410) and it was all in Spanish (obviously...well except for Matt) and I was like "damn I know I seen that repo like that recently"

Lizard Lick Towing rocks! "I'm Working on my people skills" :D

Well,you know if Lizard Lick towing has Ric Flair on it's gotta be real!:D

More like BOOOO!!! :D

How does a show about "repos" turn into a rent-a-cop show? What's next, Storage Hunters turns into Car Lot Mania, Hard Core Pawn into Flee Market Madness?

shhh!! Your going to give them more ideas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)