Unsure about moving to 942 now

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2006
I am a current Dish customer and had called and setup to have a 942 and installation done on Jan 30. I paid $803 total for the 942. This was all via calling Dish Network and not a 3rd party.

I think I should call Dish and cancel my installation and purchase of the 942 as it seems it will be much cheaper to wait. Personally I'd like to rent versus purchase, but depends upon the cost. From what I read, is it true that I could pay $299 for a 622 including installation if I just wait, which is is $500 savings.

Can someone please clarify for me?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Wait !!!

In your situation- cancel the 942! Wait and lease the 622 when you can get one. You can lease for a looonnnngggg time for the $650 to buy one when they become available. There are a lot of us who purchased the 921 and 942 so we could "own" our equipment. I paid $1000 for my 921 exactly two years ago and now it will be obsolete (as far as new HD) shortly. $500 a year for a piece of equipment is not good return on one's money:( . Gerry

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 13, 2004
I think that its been said they will not even activate a 942 after Feb 1. That means you would be the last customer to activate the old technology and it will immediately be obsolete. I can't believe they even suggested that you do this - and are they cramming 942 activations in before the feb 1 cutoff? btw are you signing up direct or through a retailer?

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2006
I signed up by calling Dish directly. From what I read on the forum this was before the support people knew what was up. I think I signed up on 14th or 15th.

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I wonder what would happen if you called back and said i want it done on feb 1st because 31st doesnt work ?
Would they fess up and say oh we cant do that coz this receiver cannot be activited after jan 31st !;)

What are you upgrading from ? is it a DVR ? Might make a difference on what you can upgarde to, but none the less wait !

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2006
I have 1 721(owned) and 2 510s (leased). I'm planning to upgrade one of the 510s and then rearrage the boxes in the rooms so the 622 is where the 721 is and move the 721 to another room.

I have 2 plasma HD tvs and not sure the best way to get both on HD. Not critical to have plasma #2 view HD but would be nice.

Any suggestions on what to do.

iKramerica

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 20, 2004
Basically, if you want to watch different programming on the other one, you need another HD box of some kind. If you don't care about that, you can run the hdmi to one tv and the component to the other and split the audio, and that way each plasma can watch the 622 when it wants to, and you can leave the 721 hooked up to one as well so you can watch non-hd content on a different channel if you want to.

Kandiru

SatelliteGuys Guru
Dec 1, 2005
I fished out a used 942 for half price on ebay and the "will not activate after Feb 01" is not an issue. CSR informed me that he has a memo on the wall telling him this rumor is not true. This was after their call center received numerous calls to that effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts