Unused Dish!

obermi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have just left Dish and gone to cable and not for sure what I'm to do with the two dish that are on top of my house! I have a 500 and a 1000.

Take them down if you want...send in the LNB's if you take it down, save the dishes if you want, throw them away, sell them, whatever. Or keep them up. Whatever you want.

I've got 3 D500's around that aren't being used, no use throwing them away though.

I would wait a while. Dish has been known to sometimes ask for a dish back, having to send an installer out to collect the LNB. After a good amount of time has passed, I would suggest either just keeping them up there (especially if you think there is a chance you may one day go back to Dish) or throwing them onto Craigslist, Kijiji, eBay or one of those other online auction/sale sites and making some extra bucks.

Word of caution. I've heard of Dish sending out installers to retrieve the lnb to send to Dish and then just drop the antenna on the lawn and let it be your problem to dispose of.

Well more accurately, I've heard of this practice when upgrading a dish, but if they are coming out for a disconnect I think the same warning would apply.

Leave the base plate on the roof, if you remove it it can let water under the roofing through the bolt holes.

Dish doesn't send people out to get dishes...not that I've heard of anyway. They ask you to send in the LNB and switches, if you tell them you can't get to it, they usually waive it. I've never heard of them taking the dishes though, or even sending someone out for that matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)