Unusual input to 1000.4 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I want to try something and wondered if any techs here have done this or know of a reason why it won't work.

I have a 1000.4 set up and I have an extra single 30" dish pointed to 61.5. I get 75 on the signal meter on a 722K with that dish.

On the 1000.4 I can only get 35 on the same TP. I keep trying but seems that is the best I can do without compromising the 77 signal.

So, my plan is to feed a signal from the 61.5 LNB to the ext input of the 1000.4.

Will this work if I shield the 61.5 LNB on the 1000.4. ? My goal is to have the better signal quality from the 30" dish. I plan to shield the 1k.4 LNB with some aluminum foil for the test.

Yes, that should work. I've seen similiar setup done before using duct tape and half of an aluminum pop can !

Yes you can do that, but make sure that you run a check switch to knock out the 61.5 lnb on the 1000.4 sat dish in your matrix. Otherwise it will still try to go there first for the hd channels.

Yes you can do that, but make sure that you run a check switch to knock out the 61.5 lnb on the 1000.4 sat dish in your matrix. Otherwise it will still try to go there first for the hd channels.

Yep, cover the 61.5 lnb on the 1K4, plug in wing, run check switch and you can then remove the cover.

A single-dish solution would be the 1000.5.

How big is the 1000.5?

I need a solution for Eastern Arc with an oversized dish for 61.5. But I need to bring my 61.5 spotbeam signal up from a lot worse than 35.

Yep, cover the 61.5 lnb on the 1K4, plug in wing, run check switch and you can then remove the cover.

Good info! Thanks a million. I'm going to do that, maybe tomorrow or Saturday when the rain stops.

I appreciate your step by step, too.

I'll check back in here when done and let you know what I think. :)

Jim S. take note!-- While 35 appears to be an adequate signal quality, it was for TP25 on 61.5. However, I'm experiencing difficulty on CNBC HD which is on TP32 and that TP is only getting me 12 on the signal quality ( 1k.4). I can get 66 with the 30" single LNB dish.

My overall plan is to do EA with 3- 30" dishes and a 44 switch if necessary. But I want to see how EA goes with the rain season. I get annoyed with rain fade, especially since I know bigger dishes are the solution. Single dish requirement is not my problem.

If he removes the cover, and later has to run another check switch, ......

Might be better to leave the cover on, securely fastened.

Good thought navychop. I did plan to leave it on anyway but thanks. You gave me a valid reason. :)

Update- Just got done making the change and I am pleased with the results.
I connected the 61.5 lnb to port 4 on the 1k.4 and allowed it to supply power to that lnb. Since I still had a second port on the 61.5 dish, I reconnected it to the 110-119 dish 500 and redid the check switch for that one. Everything works and now 61.5 is my strongest set of signals ranging from 75 to 85. ( I made a slight tweak to the elevation on that dish )

Since my 72 and 77 are only at 45-55 signal on most TP's I will retweak that dish tomorrow. It just got too windy today to make fine adjustments. Even if I don't retweak, I think this setup has me good to go now for modest Florida rain.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts