Starband dish, LOS issue to 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kau

Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
St. Louis metro
Because of surrounding trees, there is not a position on my roof or anywhere near my house which has LOS to both 110/119 and 129. If another dish is mounted where LOS isn't an issue with 129, could it be used with a switch and my Starband dish which is not used for internet? I currently receive a few HD channels on a 211k from 110. If this is possible, which components would work and about how much will they cost?

A guide I found
http://www.satellitetv.com/downloads/dishmanuals/SHOW_949_dishpro_install.pdf
shows a Dish 300 with a Dish 500 and a DP34. The Dish 500 may be similar to the Starband dish because it is either detected as or is configured to be a 500 in the 211k.

Thanks for your help.
Ben

Pictures of the Starband Dish and Dish components on the back are attached.

Attachments

• dish back.jpg
    dish back.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 203
  • dish side.jpg
    dish side.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Yes you could add a second dish pointing at the 129* to that set up. To do it you would need to swap out the LNBs on the Starband dish to Dish Pro LNBs (If the aren't already). Then using a third Dish Pro LNB on your "wing" dish, and a Dish Pro 34 switch. You will need to run a cable from each LNB to the port on the switch, and then the output of the switch will each run one tuner in a Dish receiver (IE single tuner one line. Dual tuner two lines). If your 129* LOS location can get all three birds it would be much simpler to just get a 1000.2 dish, and be done with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)